Borden Mountaineer PSE E Lite Hardy Carbon Barrel

Just completed this which is  Borden Mountaineer in 6.5 Creedmoor, mated to a Hardy 8 twist barrel

Trigger tech trigger

PSE composites E Lite stock (which was a special one off for the customer) and only usually available in T3 inlet

Bottom metal is Tier One with American Rifle Company Mag and Freyer Devic sound mod

Up top is Schmidt Bender 4-16 Polar mounted on Talley rings and bases

Stock has added flush cups and attachment for Spartan bipod

Also Devcon bedded action inlet area 

Package weighs just a shade over 7 lb

The stock is perfect for stalking and carry all day use, Edi you need to offer this inlet as standard!

IMG-1570.jpg

IMG-1569.jpg

IMG-1574.jpg

IMG-1568.jpg

IMG-1575.jpg

IMG-1576.jpg

Left port because customer specified action that way

Background of images - yes I could have chosen a better shade ,,,,,,I prefer the faux wolf fur I have 

Balance point is towards the front of the magazine - nigh on perfect 

Barrel is 22” (I recall)

The stock is perfect for a lightweight build for a carry all day stalking rifle

It would be a perfect base for Tikka T3 or Rem 700 or clone action for people who wanted lightweight, durable and portable rifle 

Edi - thanks to you and Peter for sorting this, especially with my PITA time frame.

Got to say it handles better than it looks. I’ve managed some initial load development today, which looks good. Longer range data testing to follow.

The mod was not as quiet as expected. But after a few rounds it got quiet enough and apart from the mirage, you don’t notice it’s on.

pics of 130 gr Berger vld group and a 143 eld x group.

5D84311A-C44E-4CE9-BAA9-802653C08BC3.thumb.jpeg.bcee0477b9690243ddf92c29dc68855f.jpeg232F50F9-E16C-4E64-90EF-0B49DC080164.thumb.jpeg.473f01943ab1e2cc672422eceafd56b5.jpeg

93CE6144-0931-40AC-84E8-FEFF5C0C3035.thumb.jpeg.440d754e1be0defb49580c88b49e859a.jpeg

Dave

we got a larger version of the F&D moderator for Bens 6.5 x47 that is very effective and light too. Assuming thread compatibility (18x1) you are welcome to try that one to see if it better suits your needs. It was remarked on yesterday at Grayrigg as being noticeably quiet

cheers

S

Srvet,

I would love to mix n match but my barrel is too fat for most mods, hence having to go for an end can.Thanks for the offer though.

If noise turns into an issue I’d probably trial the ase utra sl7i or hausken sk156.

Think the barrel is just under an inch diameter at the muzzle - not many over barrel (reflex) moderators will accommodate this  and there was an added issue that Dave wanted Ti or similar light weight material which isn’t freely available either

We have Edi

the Hausken in question isn’t available in mainland uk for unknown reasons and the Irish importer is unable to export across the sea (checked by customer )

Frustrating for end user 

I understand the Irish importer. So difficult getting anything into Ireland... never mind trying to get it out again. Maybe you should put pressure on your importer or go direct to Hausken… saying the importer is....   an importer that doesn't import is....?

edi

9 hours ago, ejg223 said:

I understand the Irish importer. So difficult getting anything into Ireland... never mind trying to get it out again. Maybe you should put pressure on your importer or go direct to Hausken… saying the importer is....   an importer that doesn't import is....?

edi

Called Ruag?