McMillan stock questions.

I have recently purchased a brand new McMillan game warden in edge tec and it seems to be too short in the lop for me. Can I change the butt pad for a longer one? Can it be done by a competent rifle smith or should I send it back to McMillan? And what would the process be?

Also since I ordered the stock 12 months ago I would now prefer a adjustable cheek piece if I sent it back to McMillan would they be able to fit one at this stage? 

Thanks

Ro6.5

The process of sending back to McM and having them do ‘any’ work would IMHO be long and expensive 

Find a UK smith who can do the work. The butt pad should not be too much of an issue, the adjustable cheek piece might take a bit more doing, I believe (but could be wrong here?) that an adjustable cheek piece is something that is an option from the get go i.e. the stock is made in two pieces, the body with a cut out and the adjustable cheek piece, with the ‘GRP’ of the stocks skin being homogeneous - not just cut to give a loose cheek piece (if you get what i mean?)

That is not to say someone cannot sort out a system for you

T

I have just had an adjustable cheek piece added to a Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks A5 style stock. They are built the same way as McMillan. 

I was able to use Terry’s Cross KMW logger head hard wear thanks to @terryh 

its was a world of difference to my rifle. It wasn’t cheap though. About £325 fitted as the stocks need re-glassing and finishing once cut. 

ABDCD807-4D55-4C24-905E-4A7AB8FB040C.jpeg