Palma brass

Kipper

I switched to Palma a few years ago..............case life was around 25% better, and MV's higher. Typically 3050fps with 155grain bullets and RS52.

In addition, I was able to use one type of SR primer in all the calibres that I shoot, and bulk-buy. (Murom KVB-223M)

I haven't found any consistent pattern when comparing group size to ES or SD. I've had tiny groups with a huge ES, and vice versa.

I sold my 308 earlier this year.....I find 6.5x47 and 6x47 better all round for my style of shooting (Plinky-plonking at 300, 600, and 1000yds)

Pete

I'm getting 2860fps at the moment with n140. Looking for a slighty higher Mv out my 24" barrel..

I already have the smaller decapping pin in my die set and wondered if it was worth the swap over , did consider that I would only need small match primers for my 308 and 223 which is a bonus

Are you anywhere near any of these? They're listed as dealers on the importers site     http://propellants.co.uk/where-to-buy.html

Aberdeenshire AB38 7AG
Aberdeenshire AB51 3QJ
Banffshire AB37 9AR
TD7 5EB
Ross and Cromarty IV19 1AA

Pete

My best load was 46.3 grains RS52 with a 155 Scenar bullet and 2.90" AOL (usual caveats apply). From  a 30" 11 twist barrel, this gave 3050 fps. I did go faster, but the groups started opening up.

47 grains of TR140 gave 2890 fps with the same bullet/OAL , so you can see there's quite a speed increase with RS52.

Pete