.22 Dasher varminter

Hi there what are your thoughts on brass for .22 Dasher build .should i go norma brass and neck down , or laupua brass and fireform. Intended bullet is 73g /75g  rifle is Single shot Bat vr . Is one brass better than the other or one handles pressures better.  22" tube for pointability

Or would i see better ballistics with a 6MM Dasher - 6MM BRA  8 twist

55g nosler varminting load , and say 105-110g 500m load .

Purely for  varminting

Cheers in advance Lee

Lee,

Any particular reason to go 22 as opposed to sticking with a straight 6mmbr with varmint  bullets?

Pretty sure they’d do 500m?

Bit off OP, I’m currently looking at a 6mm build just for range/accuracy and weighing up 6BR or 6Dasher, typically 600yd max. 

T

Well it’s nice to be different- 22dasher ,immediately sruck me as barrel burner / overbore cartridge. If that doesn’t bother you then why not . Although I don’t like forming cases too much in the form of an old 223ackley now a 20 practical. I do shoot a 6 br and it’s really quite unfussy. I’d personally go 6 something maybe even 6/47. Obviously the better bc 6mm bullets are better out further but up to you I’m sure on that action it’ll be 1 sweet rifle😎

9 hours ago, terryh said:

Lee,

Any particular reason to go 22 as opposed to sticking with a straight 6mmbr with varmint  bullets?

Pretty sure they’d do 500m?

Bit off OP, I’m currently looking at a 6mm build just for range/accuracy and weighing up 6BR or 6Dasher, typically 600yd max. 

T

Hi Terry looking to have something different, haven't made me mind up yet, got me creed 143g and 22br 40g wanting to have say 75g to buck the wind better, have been looking at 6 Dasher aswell , a friend has a 6BRA reamer as well . Undecided  at the moment . 😁 cheere for the reply

5 hours ago, gunner said:

Well it’s nice to be different- 22dasher ,immediately sruck me as barrel burner / overbore cartridge. If that doesn’t bother you then why not . Although I don’t like forming cases too much in the form of an old 223ackley now a 20 practical. I do shoot a 6 br and it’s really quite unfussy. I’d personally go 6 something maybe even 6/47. Obviously the better bc 6mm bullets are better out further but up to you I’m sure on that action it’ll be 1 sweet rifle😎

Last 6mm i had was a unique alpine, 243 shooting 77g laupua scenars and 58g hornadys nice stick. But they say a change is good as a rest , might go 6mm again , cheers gunner

8 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

For what you’re wanting it for, I really can’t think of a sweeter chambering than the 6br.  Easy to load for, easy on brass and barrel, easy to get shooting v accurately and 87gr or 105s, fit in very nicely between your .22 and 6.5.  

Thanks