Fuchs fox lure

243TSR

Hi, anybody using  this stuff? I've purchased some after watching a couple of Youtube vids, but the supposed "pong" seems very tame - smells to me of nothing more than tinned sweetcorn juice. Have i bought a dud, or is this normal? Admittedly, i haven't tried it in the field yet.

Cheers

Mike

Save your money ... 

if you do find yourself in a situation where you need to hold them for  a few extra seconds  ,or to get them Into a certain area to give yourself a better / safer shot. just buy a tin of the cheapest dog food in gravy you can find and drop it the area you want them to hold for a couple of nights ( as long as they are pulled onto it ) 

better still learn to call foxes 🦊 👍

The best tool is patience, I have spent nearly Two weeks baiting two different areas after shy foxes on quite a few occasions over the past couple of years , We seem to have a few  so-called fox controllers a couple of shoots away. . ( trigger happy knobs more like ) 

just be patient and try different things, but try not to over complicate it most of the time your find the most effective methods are the simplest.

Also another tip that worked for me is try to keep your activity to a min around the times in the area  it seems Most active until your ready to do the biz . I appreciate this can be really hard at times . 

If this is going to be a regular thing it maybe worth finding an out of the way area with a good back stop and do yourself a stink pit , 

But   remember 

golden rule No1 . If you don’t have a shot , don’t take a shot .

Let us know how you get on mucker 👍

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

The best tool is patience, I have spent nearly Two weeks baiting two different areas after shy foxes on quite a few occasions over the past couple of years , We seem to have a few  so-called fox controllers a couple of shoots away. . ( trigger happy knobs more like ) 

just be patient and try different things, but try not to over complicate it most of the time your find the most effective methods are the simplest.

Also another tip that worked for me is try to keep your activity to a min around the times in the area  it seems Most active until your ready to do the biz . I appreciate this can be really hard at times . 

If this is going to be a regular thing it maybe worth finding an out of the way area with a good back stop and do yourself a stink pit , 

But   remember 

golden rule No1 . If you don’t have a shot , don’t take a shot .

Let us know how you get on mucker 👍

Sums it up....  Usual tactics are to wait under cover with thermal and NV

12 minutes ago, 243TSR said:

Bob will be along a bit later. A very knowledgable chap , as well as a couple of others on here. I’m sure bob will give you some other things to try. 

as your finding out there is no definitive answer , every fox different and too many variables from shoot too shoot. But that’s half the fun 😁

41 minutes ago, 243TSR said:

You need to be above the cover mike, you'll find they'll be a lot easier to see that way😂😂

28 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Bob will be along a bit later. A very knowledgable chap , as well as a couple of others on here. I’m sure bob will give you some other things to try. 

as your finding out there is no definitive answer , every fox different and too many variables from shoot too shoot. But that’s half the fun 😁

Lol, bob the fox😁. Cheers ootot 👍.

Only joking mike, are you using n/v then,or lamping?, Foxes are not that difficult to trip up, even the Leary ones fall after awhile, if like ootot says, just be patient, bait a spot and wait, very quiet with minimal movement and a background behind you so you're not skylined, just collect all your kitchen scraps in a bucket(with lid) over the week, especially the Sunday chicken carcass, broken up to stop a grab and run😃,that's all assuming you're waiting with n/v,and if using your vehicle to wait, make sure you cover it in cammo, a motor parked shining in a field that's not normally there will often make a fox wary but not allways!! Don't forget about wind direction too.  Don't sqeak anymore, if fox turns up on bait and dosn't stop long enough for the shot just wait it will nearly allways come back, just a waiting game😯,oh yeah and no smoking😀.

As for off the back of a truck driving round four different farms, we've seen 21 and shot 19 of them in the last couple of weeks,all with n/v so they're not that difficult to shoot, sounds like your foxes have seen it all before, are they edge of town foxes or are you out in the countryside??

I’m out tonight in what can nearly be described as a gale , just finished cutting 3 fields so I’m outta here in an hr or so . 

Its a big field 130 acres  and other two 85/100 acres and very open so I’m taking the .308 with some 168 grain Amax 👍

bye bye 🦊

Good luck mate, I was going tonight but called it off, hate shooting in heavy wind on foxes with my little peashooter 😂, they nearly allways try getting round you on the wind too, just no point stiring them up if the next night wind has settled down, looks like I've got the next 3 nights out now😀😀

Just got in after dropping three tonight 

good advice from Bob I would add go to the super market and get some cheap frozen chicken I pay £6 for a bag let it sit until it stinks and use that as a lure works every time for me no calling just that or a fresh rabbit or pigen but ad dog biskets scattered to keep them in the rite place.

i was out with the 223 and thermal scope that scope is a game changer! 

Hi montey, I just got in too, chilling out before bed with a cup of tea☺, sorted another 2 Tonight with the drone, you like your thermal then😀

Mike hasn't replied except "silly sod" so he probably doesn't need any advice on foxing😀

5 minutes ago, Montey said:

Just got in after dropping three tonight 

good advice from Bob I would add go to the super market and get some cheap frozen chicken I pay £6 for a bag let it sit until it stinks and use that as a lure works every time for me no calling just that or a fresh rabbit or pigen but ad dog biskets scattered to keep them in the rite place.

i was out with the 223 and thermal scope that scope is a game changer! 

On 8/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, One on top of two said:

Winds been steady here all day bob , from one end of field to the other . 

If im honest I just want to get out 👍

How did you get on in the wind Saturday night mate with those 168 grainers?

Well to be honest bob , I messed up !

like I said the wind was blowing from one end the the other and was spooking pretty much everything as it was gusting ( unless it was just me 😳

i could have come into the feild from either end and ....... yep I chose wrong ! 

As I drove in I could see the bugger about 120 ish yards in front to the left under the back of an old tractor . He legged it before I could do a thing . 

I hung about for a couple more hours and see him bobbing about but really didn’t fancy wasting the shot , the wind was blowing that much there was no way it was going to hear me calling . 

Theres always another time. 

As I said , it’s the first cut fields and have been chomping at the bit to get on them . 

I do love seeing all that stubble under the lamp 😊

I know what you mean about seeing all that stubble under the lamp, lovely sight😃, that rifle of yours would look just right with a drone or thermal on top, I wouldn't mind betting the outcome would have been different too,but windy is allways a no no for me unless I really have to go!! Good luck next time👍

55 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

I know what you mean about seeing all that stubble under the lamp, lovely sight😃, that rifle of yours would look just right with a drone or thermal on top, I wouldn't mind betting the outcome would have been different too,but windy is allways a no no for me unless I really have to go!! Good luck next time👍

I have NV on my .223 which is what I would normally use.  I just fancied using something different and with  tad more clout in the wind. 

And yes it would pretty good with some tech on top. 👍

Well just settling in after one more tonight came out on the bait site by the Farm house within ten minutes of me baiting it!

it was a vixen but one of two as Ide seen another one in the thermal from the house .that was much bigger. 

Waited but no luck so took a drive on to next doors Farm but I saw two with out getting on them, it's tricky because of the lay out with the banks and fences.

intrested that you don't like windy nights Bob I love them get down wind and I can stalk up and close. Just suits our bit of country I suppose. 

Well done montey, sounds like that fox was waiting for its dinner😃, i Just got in from being driven round, saw 5, possibly 6, shot 3 of them, the moon didn't help tonight so pretty pleased with the result.

Will be out again tomorrow night on a different farm, oops I mean tonight😀

Well I went stalking today after work  hoping for a munty or two ( freezer running low)  unfortunately nowt about ho hum ! 

Anyway I thought I would take a peek we’re that fox evaded me the other night , 

i only had my  6.5 creedmoor and a few 143 ELD x home loads . No lamp or NV as I was stalking . Anyway I popped round the corner this time from the other end of the field 😂 and waited , put a few hand calls out and just before the light failed big time , I think it was about 9 pm I just caught the flash of a white bib in my scope  at what looked to be around 300 m , few more calls  and boom straight in the Bib at 178 m  

have cropped the pic as it was for the best 2A615048-841D-4E05-AD4E-7BA3C6D36E24.thumb.jpeg.e79f0ddba2a424435e1df161f7450448.jpeg

4 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Well I went stalking today after work  hoping for a munty or two ( freezer running low)  unfortunately nowt about ho hum ! 

Anyway I thought I would take a peek we’re that fox evaded me the other night , 

i only had my  6.5 creedmoor and a few 143 ELD x home loads . No lamp or NV as I was stalking . Anyway I popped round the corner this time from the other end of the field 😂 and waited , put a few hand calls out and just before the light failed big time , I think it was about 9 pm I just caught the flash of a white bib in my scope  at what looked to be around 300 m , few more calls  and boom straight in the Bib at 178 m  

have cropped the pic as it was for the best 2A615048-841D-4E05-AD4E-7BA3C6D36E24.thumb.jpeg.e79f0ddba2a424435e1df161f7450448.jpeg

Result mate, nice one👍.

I just got in from another outing, love my drone😀,moon was wicked again tonight but still managed 4 out of 6 seen, another happy keeper😃

Bob's fox lure worked a treat tonight😀,had a call from a friend, to say his friend with a smallholding had some  chickens killed recently, and would I go to see if I could sort out the fox,so went and stood on the back of my truck for a few hours in his little paddock with the 17fireball fitted out with a pard 008, 3 foxes turned up😀. He'll be a happy man when I tell him in the morning.

Had the pleasure of watching a pair of hedgehogs at work all night too 😃, don't see them much anymore.

I'm hoping for no rain tonight I've got two one on our farm the other on a  neighbouring farm both are very sharp so no closer than I have to and I hope the wind stays as it is and I need cloud cover the moon is so bright at the moment.

I'll be using some nice juicy chicken they should smell that a mile away👍