Tested some more 22 subs

No i deer

Thought I would try the CCI subsonic 22 LR HP in my CZ452.

They shot ok and just about better than anything I've tried bar the 42gr winnie subs.

Light was fading so It was only a quick test,I will try them again shortly 

5 shot group at 55yds.

Great line just a little verticle.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using a moddy? I found CCI suppressor to group astonishingly well - and the stuff is SO QUIET thru a moddy - with pretty much the same general poi as their sub hp. This was off a rest and also off hand at 20 and 25 and off a rest at 50. No doubt it's partly due to that ammo suiting my rifle but the groups shrank by about a third compared to the subsonic hollow point. Mind you it costs twice as much, and I suppose a big part of its designed purpose is to cycle moderated semi-autos so it might price itself out of your chosen budget for 22 if you're not using a semi/moddy, but it's my fave for both target shooting and bunnies as I only want to take them with head shots. Still love the subby hollows for minirifle and steel challenge etc!

I may need a new sak mod as mine had seen Alot of thousands of shots and may not be working as efficient as it should/did, Ive got another mod I could try instead to find out. I've been tempted to by a stumpy

7 minutes ago, No i deer said:

I may need a new sak mod as mine had seen Alot of thousands of shots and may not be working as efficient as it should/did, Ive got another mod I could try instead to find out. I've been tempted to by a stumpy

Sak can be px'd directly with Jackson rifles 'like for like' or Atec wave mods and probably others.

I can't remember if I've tried the super x or not.

The old eley xtra hollow 40gr subs were superb in my CZ452 then eley changed them to 38grs and there now the worst subs I've I've ever tried....

Quite frankly there a pile of poo......

On 8/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, les said:

CCI Quiet .22 takes some beating. It's reasonably quiet even without a moderator, but it's practically silent with one.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

I totally agree with that. "Quiets" really are a decent round