What 7mm?

Depends which action ... 595 would be short action calibre only so 7mm/08 or possibly.284 att a pinch whereas T3 are a longer so would allow 284 with comfort, 280 Remington 7x64 etc

also would depend on whether you keep using your AI mags as these would limit you to 7mm/08 and possibly 284 though deep seating of the bullet would probably be necessary and less than ideal

others will be along soon who know better than me so I am ready to be corrected

if you are wanting just to rebarrel and keep other components the same then 7mm/08 makes an awful lot of sense

You can Rebarrel t3 for long or short action 

just change the bolt stop and magazine to suit

284 Winchester is excellent cartridge and improved even better 

No 

your stuck with short action and aics I’m afraid the t3 port isn’t long enough (underneath) to accommodate the long aics mag without some considerable modification that make the action long only 

It’s a pity that no one makes a chassis to take long action TIkka mags for the T3

3 hours ago, Ronin said:

No 

your stuck with short action and aics I’m afraid the t3 port isn’t long enough (underneath) to accommodate the long aics mag without some considerable modification that make the action long only 

It’s a pity that no one makes a chassis to take long action TIkka mags for the T3

I have a MDT ess chassis with my tikka t3 6.5x55 it takes mdt steel mags for 6.5x55 up to 300 win mag .

Apologies I stand corrected - I was under the impression that T3 wouldn’t accept long AICS mag

I presume one could find a way in re-inletting a chassis to make the long mags work but one might need to fill the sides as the LA AI mag is narrower. The T3 action is not perfect for LA and fitting floor plates in say composite stocks is a bit tricky. Once bedded in the correct position it is fine. In the T3 thread on Snipers Hide  one guy did a narrow cut out in the front of the T3 action so that long COL from a LA AICS will feed, possibly the best solution.

edi