Which rs powder

shotgunner

RS62 or RS60.

If your going to fire alot of shots then us 62, if your only using it in a hunting situation then use 60.

I've used both but I've stuck with the 62.

I use 41grs with 139gr scenars and 41.5grs with 140gr amaxs, both shoot great, the 6.5x47 is mainly a range rifle which doesn't go across the fields much these days but when it does the 140gr amax is an awesome bullet, probaly the best alround bullet ever made.

If you opt for RS60 39grs will about the optimum charge.

Atb No I deer 

Velocity wise over 2800fps on both loads from a 27 inch barrel, probaly 2850fps plus on a warm day according to the bal cal.

Great accuracy obtainable from all powders I mentioned. I thought I was going to miss H4350 but it's made no difference I've noticed.

Loads mentioned above shot the shot same elevations as H4350 loaded ammo give or take an inch at 600yds,I didn't need to change my zero as we usually fire a few siters to zero anyway, since then I've zeroed for 139gr scenars and I know the poi change if I take it out hunting with the 140gr amaxs.

Don’t forget Viht N140 and N150.

Ive used N140 in several rifles with 120g and 123g bullets. Always a very easy powder to tune, readily available, very temp stable, clean burning and lowish energy so should be milder on barrels (see post #9 to see a powder energy chart)

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545581

N150 is used by a few people for 130g+ bullets.

Couldn't get on with RS52, ES/S.D. all over the place, whereas it was single digits with N140.