Flash Hole Deburr Recommendation

gruntus

Hi All,

I have found the Lyman flash hole debur tool I use isn't the most consistent given that it has to index off the neck of the case and can be influenced by chamfer etc.

I am looking to replace it with a Sinclair or a K&M which don't index and apparently leave a nice consistent chamfer and stop cutting once its job is done.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these and recommend or are there any alternatives I haven't thought of?

ATB

G

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I have used the Lyman for some time. The trick is to debur after you resize and trim the cases, and before chamfering. I never have any problems.~Andrew

me too.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve never found any brass that has perfect flash holes to be honest, yes some are better some are worse, I’ve found lapua to be about the best . 

in answer to your question, buy a two K&M small and large from somewhere like spud and you’re sorted 

Thanks Steve, thanks NID,

I bought the K&M flash hole debur tool from Spud (great service Mark thanks) and put it to use this week. It's great for repeatability and it bottoms out and won't cut any further once its done. Plus side is you don't have to to get cases prepped or uniform for using it (it doesn't index off the neck like the lyman) which means I can choose when to deburr and any point in the case prep process.

Whilst I was at it I also got a K&M Primer Pocket uniformer as well (I dont know why I have never had one?), a lovely bit of kit which is a cinch to use. Despite the general vaguaries of actual effectiveness to accuracy (NID you have a valid use case as an example) it has provided a consistent depth for primer seating which cant be a bad thing plus it can be used for cleaning primer pockets as well (again thats another vagary of "worthwhile").

All the best

😊