Minox ZP 5-25

Woodlander

I have both ZP5 & PM 5-25 scopes. 

You are splitting hairs between optical quality on these scopes. I think choice would come down to other areas and price / availability. 

Both have seriously good glass! The PM2 tips it for resolution but only by a nats cock. Brightness, edge to edge the same through my eyes. When conditions are good, the Minox looks lightly better to me, anything other than perfect the S&B takes the win (only just)

MR5 ret is great, and better than the MSR. But I would have the MSR2 which isn’t available on the ZP5. 

Turrets. I prefer the S&B only because I want Locking turrets. If I was going a standard double turn PM2 I would prefer the ZP5 turrets. 

Both track excellently with no issues.

Looks are subjective. Weight & size very similar.

My 2p you can’t go wrong with either. If you were going new, the ZP5 would be cheaper so I would say get that. If you could pick up a good price PM2 with the turrets & Ret of your choosing at a good price. Consider that. 

As mentioned. The ZP5 can hold its own up with the best for a cheaper price. 

C93B4282-F429-4F91-8B8A-69BB75DEB0D4.jpeg

4 hours ago, markymark said:

I have both ZP5 & PM 5-25 scopes. 

You are splitting hairs between optical quality on these scopes. I think choice would come down to other areas and price / availability. 

Both have seriously good glass! The PM2 tips it for resolution but only by a nats cock. Brightness, edge to edge the same through my eyes. When conditions are good, the Minox looks lightly better to me, anything other than perfect the S&B takes the win (only just)

MR5 ret is great, and better than the MSR. But I would have the MSR2 which isn’t available on the ZP5. 

Turrets. I prefer the S&B only because I want Locking turrets. If I was going a standard double turn PM2 I would prefer the ZP5 turrets. 

Both track excellently with no issues.

Looks are subjective. Weight & size very similar.

My 2p you can’t go wrong with either. If you were going new, the ZP5 would be cheaper so I would say get that. If you could pick up a good price PM2 with the turrets & Ret of your choosing at a good price. Consider that. 

As mentioned. The ZP5 can hold its own up with the best for a cheaper price. 

C93B4282-F429-4F91-8B8A-69BB75DEB0D4.jpeg

Everywhere I’ve looked, the Minox ZP 5-25x56 is more expensive than the PMII.

Where did you find it cheaper please?

Cheers