work bench gun vice 'advice'

Curious if anyone has a recommendation. Im looking for a decent workbench vise there are so many to choose from. What sort of jaw width and throat depth would suffice?

In my case I have limited space, so dont have a large workbench in garage. Been looking at Stanley they have light duty bench model whihc I like, but not sure if the throat depth and clamping capacity would be feasible, let alone the fact that it is a 'light' duty model.
https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/products/detail/Products/HAND+TOOLS/Clamps+_+Vices/Vices/STANLEY®+MaxSteel®+Light+Duty+Bench+Vice

the others availble are heavy duty model (would this really be necessary)?
https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/products/detail/Products/HAND+TOOLS/Clamps+_+Vices/Vices/STANLEY®+MaxSteel®+Heavy+Duty+Bench+Vice

I stated 'gun smithing' in commas, as what need for is bufffer tube removal on AR15 style rifle for example. Changing the forend ect...

appreciate some feedback.

It's vice not vise, we're not American 😁

If you need a recommendation on such a simple bit of kit:  Get a big one, Irwin or Record.  Have a look at Axminster Tools, their Chinese vices are pretty good and good value (I have one). You need a solid bench to mount to or you're wasting your time. Also Screwfix.

Always worth a look around car boot sales, or if you have a second hand tool dealer locally.

Vice's come in two types.

Old English quality [ when they were made here ]

Chinese shite.

Most manufacturers these days sell economy ranges, which would be fine for light use.

If you want a vice to last a lifetime of heavy use, it has to be the top end stuff. Sit down when you see the price, hence, always look for s/h. The quality difference is not hard to spot.....its chalk and cheese.

I have two english vices, both s/h and I've used them most days in the last 30 years.