Nightforce nxs

drum

I swapped scopes with a chap and it soon became obvious why he wanted to swap.Anyhow the scope ive been lumbered with,an nxs,needs to go back for warranty work.Anyone had any experience doing this bearing in mind i have no receipt.Thanks in advance.

Paul

7 hours ago, drum said:

I swapped scopes with a chap and it soon became obvious why he wanted to swap.Anyhow the scope ive been lumbered with,an nxs,needs to go back for warranty work.Anyone had any experience doing this bearing in mind i have no receipt.Thanks in advance.

Paul

I sent a s/h Nightforce back to Nightforce in America for repair.  Turned it around fairly quickly and it came back looking like new.  It then took me weeks to get it from Customs - without having to pay VAT and import duty.  Nightmare of an outfit to deal with!  Eventually I got professional help (thanks Toni) and the scope was released to me.

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

What's wrong with it?

It wont track reliably.If you put on 4 clicks at 100 yards it may move 6 inch up and 2 inch right.It will hold a group though.However if i then move 4 clicks down it will move randomly.Almost like each click has a random value.

9 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

I sent a s/h Nightforce back to Nightforce in America for repair.  Turned it around fairly quickly and it came back looking like new.  It then took me weeks to get it from Customs - without having to pay VAT and import duty.  Nightmare of an outfit to deal with!  Eventually I got professional help (thanks Toni) and the scope was released to me.

Its encouraging that you got a good conclusion eventually.Could i ask whether you sent it back via a distributer or on your own?

If you sent it back yourself,did you contact nightforce first?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I had a problem with an NXS I bought off here.....wouldn't hold more than a 4" group at 100yds.

Sent it via my RFD to SGC who checked it and said they had shot it and agreed it would only hold a 4" group but thought that was acceptable !!

A brief discussion between me/RFD/SGC and they sent it back to USA.......I had no receipt/proof of purchase, etc .

About 4 weeks later it returned from Nightforce looking like new (refurbished....not a new scope but hard to tell the difference) with a report saying they could find nothing wrong the scope (this is quite common apparently as Nightforce scopes are NEVER faulty;)). Once fitted and test fired, suddenly the outfit now shoots 1/2" groups at 100yds.

Send it back to NF they will sort it for sure 👍👍

Regards, Rob.   

7 minutes ago, Rob1562 said:

Hi Paul,

I had a problem with an NXS I bought off here.....wouldn't hold more than a 4" group at 100yds.

Sent it via my RFD to SGC who checked it and said they had shot it and agreed it would only hold a 4" group but thought that was acceptable !!

A brief discussion between me/RFD/SGC and they sent it back to USA.......I had no receipt/proof of purchase, etc .

About 4 weeks later it returned from Nightforce looking like new (refurbished....not a new scope but hard to tell the difference) with a report saying they could find nothing wrong the scope (this is quite common apparently as Nightforce scopes are NEVER faulty;)). Once fitted and test fired, suddenly the outfit now shoots 1/2" groups at 100yds.

Send it back to NF they will sort it for sure 👍👍

Regards, Rob.   

Thats encouraging.I will be sending it to nightforce for certain.

I sent mine back through SGC and it took around 6weeks. The objective lens was damaged and not covered through the warranty, but the charge was reasonable and well worth it.  They also replaced the turrets FOC.  

SGC will deal with any issues regarding import. I’d heard some less than positive reviews about them,but in this case I found them hard to fault. 

56 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

I sent mine back through SGC and it took around 6weeks. The objective lens was damaged and not covered through the warranty, but the charge was reasonable and well worth it.  They also replaced the turrets FOC.  

SGC will deal with any issues regarding import. I’d heard some less than positive reviews about them,but in this case I found them hard to fault. 

I think something internally has given up so hopefully it will be covered by the warranty.Time will tell though.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, drum said:

Its encouraging that you got a good conclusion eventually.Could i ask whether you sent it back via a distributer or on your own?

If you sent it back yourself,did you contact nightforce first?

Paul

If I remember, you have to get a repair number first.

I rang the SGC yesterday and explained the problem,they were very helpful and told me to post it to them and theyd sort it.So hopefully things will work out ok.

Thanks for all your advice.