20 caliber doubt

The more I read the more I doubt. I see a lot of people on the forum back heeling some of the 20 calibers.i had set my mind on a 20 practical.i was going too re barrel my vartarg BUT...should I stick with the 223 or get a practical sorted.advice much appreciated 

I rebarreled my 223 to a 1:10 twist  24" long barrel .20 Prac..

best thing I've done in ages !! 

Great night rifle with NV, fast flat & cheap to run.. Only need 1 die & I used all the same brass & reloading kit 

Will be used for vermin.300 plus more if it's got the legs..and I've got the ability. Crows mainly there are hundreds of the little sods.will be off work tommorow Dave if your going too be about pal.will have too sell the vartarg first.dont think the Bobby's will let me have two 20 cals.thanks for the help

On 6/10/2019 at 8:17 PM, Stephen curry said:

The more I read the more I doubt. I see a lot of people on the forum back heeling some of the 20 calibers.i had set my mind on a 20 practical.i was going too re barrel my vartarg BUT...should I stick with the 223 or get a practical sorted.advice much appreciated 

That's odd, the more I read about the 20 practical the more I wanted one😃, so had one built and glad I did, cracking vermin round , the only reason I'd want a 223 rather than the 20 practical is for certain deer.

Two twenties shouldn't be a problem, one for day and one for night, or both for night, digital n/v on one, thermal on the other for those ir shy foxes and misty/foggy nights😀

1 hour ago, Stephen curry said:

My shooting is mostly vermin. The vartarg is a lovely little round but I feel like I'm missing out on something. Is there anything too be gained 

Yep ,a few hundred fps☺.

2 hours ago, Stephen curry said:

Just seen a earlier thread of yours Bob about the 20 practical. The stock looks interesting. Were did you find it.any pics mate

Hi Steve,

The stock is an hs precision , and was bought probably 10 years ago by my old(young) shooting buddy, who used it on his rem 700, he packed the stock with lead and filled it with resin so when using it with his archer n/v there was no recoil , thats why it weighs 18lb now with heavy barrel , it's a Iump but I love shooting it, the thumbhole grip is so comfortable, i aquired it and had the rifle built in his memory, and always think of him while using it, he would love how it shoots!!, I believe he bought it from south Yorkshire shooting supplies.

There's a couple of pics on my 20 practical thread,of it sitting on the board on the front of my quad, its still in black primer, I will paint it one day😃.