Just about the sexiest tactical mounts there is !

As mentioned in a previous post I have just taken charge of a new leupold 5 x 25 x56  Mark 5 HD and with it having a 35 mm tube I i have noticed mounts ( decent ones ) are a little thin on the ground . Anyway decided to take a punt on a Spuhr , at £300 there not cheap but ..... so glad I did in the end . 

These mounts are IMHO magnificent. The design and build quality is just out there on its own , and the different ways you can adapt the mount is just mind blowing . Over the years a have had what we’re meant to be the best . Looking back I was so wrong . If your wanting a set of tactical mounts and your umming  and arhhhing if you should spend the money . JUST DO IT !  If you don’t your just wish you did . 

Spuhr:  yep, good mounts indeed.  Why buy a top-dollar scope and stick it in cheap mounts? Seems daft but I've seen it quite often

I like spuhr and have a couple of scopes in them. 

I have just bought a light weight scope and am looking for a suitable mount or rings. Spuhr on this occasion I don’t think will fit the bill. Well that was until I saw the hunter mount they have brought out...

10 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

I like spuhr and have a couple of scopes in them. 

I have just bought a light weight scope and am looking for a suitable mount or rings. Spuhr on this occasion I don’t think will fit the bill. Well that was until I saw the hunter mount they have brought out...

I have a very nice Tier-One for sale in 30mm !

What's the new Mk5 leupy like....?

MK4 glass is superb and a great scope but my eye couldnt keep the reticle from doubling occasionly which I found annoying but that's probaly my vision not the scope... 

I do use them and they are very good.....but a couple of gripes: why use torx bolts - much prefer allen bolts but mainly the accessory rails cost a fortune and you have to be careful when mounting the accessory rails on top of the rings that the screws are short enough not to contact the scope body. I measured and had to shorten mine.

Del......have fun setting up the rifle and shooting it.

2 hours ago, ds1 said:

I do use them and they are very good.....but a couple of gripes: why use torx bolts - much prefer allen bolts but mainly the accessory rails cost a fortune and you have to be careful when mounting the accessory rails on top of the rings that the screws are short enough not to contact the scope body. I measured and had to shorten mine.

Del......have fun setting up the rifle and shooting it.

Should be playing with a 75 really ...

I spoke to Hakan at the IWA, he mentioned they made a series of pica rails for the usual T3/Rem 700 rifles. I received a Spuhr 20Moa rail for my remmy this week. They have small features to ensure repeatability when taking a scope on and off. 

FG3dQBh.jpg

w6bQbHm.jpg

k866BdQ.jpg

I also like the two piece Spuhr mounts which allows for a lower scope mount.

tLK27kj.jpg

edi

On 6/11/2019 at 7:07 AM, No i deer said:

What's the new Mk5 leupy like....?

MK4 glass is superb and a great scope but my eye couldnt keep the reticle from doubling occasionly which I found annoying but that's probaly my vision not the scope... 

I’m yet to give it a real testing , will be shooting it out to 1200 yards this week so will have a better idea . The testing I have done so far , it’s tracks superbly. The glass , clear and bright . The light transmission beats my swaro X5i  , edge to edge on full mag the image is flat and Cristal clear . And testing against bright white and dark objects/ surfaces the scope shows absolutely no Chromatic aberration which I a first for me . 

Eye relief is very comfortable and forgiving during extended glassing . 

Turrets are spot on , and the zero lock is easy to work  and set up  , fast focus eye box is very good and extremely  precise . 

Over all I’m very happy with it . But like I said I've not really pushed it as i only mounted it last sat .