Remington clone

• 1 year later...

Hia Woodlander fit like.

Can I ask which path you chose. I have a Bergara B14 which is a Rem clone. Its chambered in 6.5 Creed and averages half minute groups, and will regularly print quarter MOA on our three hundred yard range. The Bergara seems to be put together better than the Rem. And appears to be machined to tighter tolerances. At about £1600 for the BMP chassis model its worth a look.   Triggers on these rifles are ok but just a bit heavy at three pounds at the lightest setting. I fitted a Jewel which makes it a particularly pleasant rifle to shoot . I am concidering having it rebarled with a precision cut rifled barrel to further enhance accuracy. My reasoning is that the rifle purchase price and a rebarrel with a competition grade quality cut tube looks be an inexpensive route to a precision rifle. Just a thought🙂

I am concidering

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David, all good here.  
At the moment it’s a Remington with a Benchmark barrel, which shoots surprisingly well, but it’s not what I’d call smooth and I hate the bolt release plus a few other things about the action.  
I've heard good things about Bergara and their barrels, if it’s doing 1/4 at 300 yds, I wouldn’t change a thing.