Summer Boots

andybrock

I’m after a pair of waterproof boots that aren’t too warm for summer early autumn shooting/ walking, a pair thats capable of walking through wet grass without getting pi55 wet through feet!

Any suggestions?

https://www.brandecosse.com/product/fagiano/

I now wear these all day all year, can’t fault them got a high pair also for the winter. 

Went off Meindl as the insoles wear through rapidly and the rubber rind peels off. 

They’re not cheap but my first pair are 4 years old now and still going strong after a lot of hard wear. Splash out treat your feet. ;) 

Ben

Lowa Taurus (£90ish) for a lightweight canvas goretex lined boot, or lowa mountain boot (£160ish) if you want full leather uppers. Mountain boot is also available in a wide fitting and proper half sizes. I have both and rate them 

Altberg boots Richmond North Yorkshire . Got 2 pairs one game keeper high ankle for winter and the tabbing boot for summer . Suppliers to the uk army , well made and very comfy . Factory shop just up t road for me so can go and try to make sure all’s ok . They will advise sizes depending on your sock thickness . 

1 hour ago, Richiew said:

Altberg boots Richmond North Yorkshire . Got 2 pairs one game keeper high ankle for winter and the tabbing boot for summer . Suppliers to the uk army , well made and very comfy . Factory shop just up t road for me so can go and try to make sure all’s ok . They will advise sizes depending on your sock thickness . 

Used to love my Altbergs (Gamekeeper Stark Extremes), but first pair leaked within warranty, replacement pair leaked, now rebuilt and still leak. Perhaps buying their more traditional leather options may be better.