UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Hi, I’m looking for advice please , I’m wanting to shoot 162 eldx in my straight 284 win, 26” brll  5r , 8.5 twist using n165 , my hornady 10th edition load manual shows 2700fps as max , have any of you guys shot this 162 eldx in 284 and if so what speeds were you getting please, also do these tend to like a bit of jump to the lands or close, I was hoping to get good accuracy but so far my best load is 54g giving around 2720fps, I will do More testing when the weather permits but I would appreciate any advice or expiriances with this combination.

thanks in advance Paul

Hi Paul 

My 284 is 26 inch 1 in 8, I use lapua brass,BR2's, 57grs of N165 pushes a 162gr amaxs according to my bal cal at current temperature of 52f will be doing 2880fps and there very good 😁I've not tried the ELDX but the velocities will be similar,I hope that helps

Many thanks No 1 deer, 

Paul

Sorry it was at 55f not 52f but it would only show a few fps difference,it will do 2900fps on a hot day,if you want to run them at 3000fps 52.5 to 53grs of RS60 😆.

Some are running on RS62 but I've not tried it myself though I have 3kg of it in stock I run my 6.5x47 on.i don't feel the need to try. N160 works too

I use the 162 eld-X in my blaser 7x64 with RS62

its only a 23 inch barrel and I get 2750 in warm load - am on hols at the mo but will look it up - jump is 20 thou