Open certificate rules

Humphrey106

Hi there,

I've recently purchased my first .22LR rifle. I'm new to all this so bare with me. I was given permission to shoot in my garden with the rifle after the FEO cleared the land. 

If I have permission from someone else to shoot on their land, a local farmer for example (and the land has been cleared to shoot on with any .22LR rifle), is this all I would need to be able to shoot on that land?

Definitely check as my licensing said i must not shoot this new land until its checked AND i have it in writing from the firearm  licensing !! That was over a decade ago and soon got open license . atb

4 hours ago, Humphrey106 said:

Hi there,

I've recently purchased my first .22LR rifle. I'm new to all this so bare with me. I was given permission to shoot in my garden with the rifle after the FEO cleared the land. 

If I have permission from someone else to shoot on their land, a local farmer for example (and the land has been cleared to shoot on with any .22LR rifle), is this all I would need to be able to shoot on that land?

What happened, you posted on here that you would be putting down your neighbours garden on your application for land to shoot , did you get both gardens cleared to shoot?

16 hours ago, Bob57 said:

What happened, you posted on here that you would be putting down your neighbours garden on your application for land to shoot , did you get both gardens cleared to shoot?

I rent the house from my next door neighbours who live in a large farmhouse. We essentially share the garden. I just put 'my garden' to try and save confusion.

1 hour ago, Humphrey106 said:

I rent the house from my next door neighbours who live in a large farmhouse. We essentially share the garden. I just put 'my garden' to try and save confusion.

👍 , Enjoy your shooting.