Labradar Problems

have messaged the company direct but no luck so chancing my arm here!

it will only switch on intermittently, and when it does it isnt long enough to adjust settings!

has fresh batteries and it's a brand new unit so understandably frustrated!

any ideas?

Thanks John, seems to have done it, seemingly there has been battery drain whilst the unit has been bagged - time for fresh batteries but at least it’s not something more difficult!

I had the same initial problem, until I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/imuto-27000mAh-Portable-Qualcomm-External-Quick-Charge-Power-bank/dp/B07FL1T718/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?hvadid=80882856020416&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=imuto&qid=1558280182&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Fully charged, I can leave mine on for at least 5 x 4-hour sessions and still have plenty left.

But beware, the stupidly frail micro USB socket on the Labrad body will get smashed if you're not VERY careful when plugging the lead in and out.

Stupid design on an otherwise good product......a standard USB port would be far stronger and better. I'm looking into modding mine.

Pete

If you do use the batteries, remove and reinstall as needed. I have been using the same set of six since I bought the unit but I am careful; to shut it down when I'm in for an extended break in shooting, and I pull the batteries after use.~Andrew

And good quality batteries are worth the extra $$

Or buy a USB power pack, plug it in when you get to the range, unplug it when you leave a few hours later, and recharge it once a month.

Maybe our Euro versions aren't so great on battery life for some reason, but I got bored of changing Duracells and Energisers very quickly.

Thanks guys, have a powerpack as standard however wanted to keep batteries in it to at least keep date and time going - not imperative.

Didnt realise it was so low on batteries as hadn’t used it for more than a few minutes to attempt set up.

i assumed the abrupt cut off was down to a firmware issue but alas battery death!