Harris Bipod Spikes

Hi. I have several Harris bi-pods and would like to change the rubber feet to something with more grip.  When loading the bi-pod they have a tendency to slide forward.  I have seen several types of after market spikes that look good and wondered if anyone had experience of using these on a Harris or any other bi-pod?

I have also been unable to find anywhere in the UK that sells the two leading makes.  Feedback on your experiences and where to buy them would be greatly appreciated.

Subsonic.

I use some spikes on both my Harris. I asked a customer to knock them up on his lathe. He said it took less than an hour to make 2 sets. they're basic but work perfectly. I find they come into their own at this time of year when the ground if dry and quite hard.

IMG_20190504_153411304.jpg

Hi trucraft. 

They look great, the rubber caps provide options depending on the surface you are shooting from.  Considering how difficult it is to buy something similar in the UK there could be a business opportunity for somebody if they had the right equipment.  Those shown in the video's above are currently retailing in the US for $59.99!

I have used ‘Pod Claws’. They work great, but you do have to be a bit careful not to catch them on stuff. I bought them direct from the manufacturer, but that was some years ago, before the blanket application of ITAR.

00EC3B1D-3B68-44D8-A443-9B51E5DEA361.jpeg

I seem to recall that they supplied an extended hardened steel pin to replace the old roll pin. The feet do indeed fix onto this bayonet style, but they are not designed to be quick detachable.

It looks like the company may now have gone out of business. However there are now numerous suppliers who sell similar feet for the Atlas or Harris bipods. They are a bit ungainly, but their advantage is that they will work on absolutely any type of terrain. But you might want to keep the rubber feet for the bonnet of the 4x4!