Behind the license revocation

Re-Pete

2 minutes ago, GT3_richy said:

Funnily enough the rabbit I saw at the golf course with a rabbit in its gob came into about the same distance and sat there with it in its mouth while I was sitting crossed legged watching it through the Drone. Most people I know have never seen a badger unless its dead on the side of the road - I've spent ages watching them through thermal and NV (they can destroy anything given a few minutes, seriously powerful animals, and appear to eat literally anything too) and a lot of other animals most people might never see.

I don't shoot stuff for the sake of it, and regularly leave dinner behind when I've seen things about that will eat it.

You can tell it's getting late mate, or you've seen too many rabbits lately,  you've got a rabbit with a rabbit in its gob lol.

Now thats odd with your badger observation, I've sat out over bait for years foxing, with everything laid out, pidgeon, pheasant, partridge, rabbit, scraps, dog food,the lot, and I've never had a badger grab any of the  breastless carcasses or rabbits, only a quick bit of dog food / scraps before dashing off but never taken a tasty carcass away or eaten it on the spot,strange!! have them all round me some nights worming for ages, have seen badgers chasing  live rabbits though, and I'm sure if they'd caught up the rabbit would have been dead.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, you may be right 😜

I've watched them eat all sorts, including what I later found out to be half a bag of Doritos someone had dropped in the yard! Where I see them most though they are usually digging up worms, they have a set in a mostly dead copse in the middle of a field that's usually got sheep and a lot of rabbits in it. I see them chase off a rabbit occasionally but for the most part everyone seems to co-exist together, there is at least a couple of rabbit warrens adjacent to the set as I've nearly broken my ankle down them a couple of times now.

We feed 'em every night in our garden................ have been for the 39 years we've lived here, and I can verify that they will eat practically anything.

Peanuts are very popular with the badgers and the odd urban fox that turns up, plus having food readily available means they don't dig up the neighbours lawn so much.

Pete

2 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

We feed 'em every night in our garden................ have been for the 39 years we've lived here, and I can verify that they will eat practically anything.

Peanuts are very popular with the badgers and the odd urban fox that turns up, plus having food readily available means they don't dig up the neighbours lawn so much.

Pete

Pete be careful they haven't got a nut allergy 😉

On 4/30/2019 at 3:30 PM, Bob57 said:

Hi pellet gun Pete, I thought you'd left us!! How you getting on with the hmr?

I know, don't they make you smile 😀, like farmer's who hate big bag game days but probably don't mind having 500 or so pidgeons or crows shot in a day on their land, and the anti that doesn't like shooting but is happy to have his rats shot, to the man i know who is so keen on all wildlife,  but absolutely hates green woodpeckers because they peck holes through his bee hives, you just gotta love em, because they'll allways be here.

No I'm still here Bob. The HMR is good, but still not had a fox, they seem to have dispersed. Not so happy with the CZ 452 22lr, I hate the trigger. Not been out since the ban, I suspect the farmer thinks I should ignore it 😞

Pete

1 hour ago, Pellet Gun Pete said:

No I'm still here Bob. The HMR is good, but still not had a fox, they seem to have dispersed. Not so happy with the CZ 452 22lr, I hate the trigger. Not been out since the ban, I suspect the farmer thinks I should ignore it 😞

Pete

Strange Pete, maybe they've been shot next door, I'm not into Cz's but think there's a good replacement trigger for that model??

What ban, there's still plenty of vermin out there you can shoot, I was out again last night to sort out some rabbits that are eating a wheat crop off, 19 shots, 18 rabbits and a fox, loving my 17fireball😃