Get your Crow License here....

Moorlander

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually applied for the gl26 and received it? Iv had 1 of my farmers contact me  . I was waiting patiently to see what happens . This is the license to control corvids to protect livestock so its pretty effing important and im getting a little impatient . And damage has no doubt been done . I think ill apply for an individual license - haven't a clue how long this would take . Anyone have one or attempted to get one ? ATB in these frustrating times...

T

17 minutes ago, gunner said:

Has anyone actually applied for the gl26 and received it? Iv had 1 of my farmers contact me  . I was waiting patiently to see what happens . This is the license to control corvids to protect livestock so its pretty effing important and im getting a little impatient . And damage has no doubt been done . I think ill apply for an individual license - haven't a clue how long this would take . Anyone have one or attempted to get one ? ATB in these frustrating times...

If you are wanting to shoot carrion crows for the protection of live stock / reared game birds . The licence GL26 has is already in place for the past two so crack on you don’t need to apply for it . 

But remember its NOT a licence to control ALL corvids it’s only carrion crow . 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/799483/wml-gl26-licence-serious-damage.pdf

Thanks matey , so theres not one for magpie ??? As these are the 2 main culprets carrion crows and magpies - altho id normally shoot all crows as they all predate in some way shape or form . In all fairness jays don't seem to affect the livestock on the shoots , but they would predate ground nesting birds and songbird nests / chicks - they had ann’s wren nest last year ( neighbor ) now that really pizzed me off as the wrens here are pretty scarce now .

Nope , just carrion only and for the protection of livestock and reared gamebirds .

Licences for rook,magpie,jay, feral pigeons , jackdaws , I personally think are a long way off yet 🤔😞

It’s too early game birds as we won’t be picking ours up till August  , but I have a lot of sheep and the carrion are starting to piss  me off . 

12 hours ago, gunner said:

Thanks matey , so theres not one for magpie ??? As these are the 2 main culprets carrion crows and magpies - altho id normally shoot all crows as they all predate in some way shape or form . In all fairness jays don't seem to affect the livestock on the shoots , but they would predate ground nesting birds and songbird nests / chicks - they had ann’s wren nest last year ( neighbor ) now that really pizzed me off as the wrens here are pretty scarce now .

You need to apply for 19/03, apparently a few have done it and had it returned quickly

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-control-certain-species

Many thanks A ... The last thing i want to do is shoot a magpie and not have a license in place . Will apply now.. atb

well iv been trying to apply but my luck with tecknology  is rubbish . iv downloaded adobe reader so the forms will show but no joy . I will go direct to NE's website and try again . that's an hour gone , very frustrating  

lol - still no joy - im effin useless on computer , even printing now is a task . New laptop but ffs you have to jump thru hoops for anything to work . I haven't got time for this bs ..

Edited by gunner

Ok watch field sports Britain out yesterday on YouTube 

you don't have to watch the whole program go to the section on  General licensing  There you wil hear from Ms Spain who makes it clear that section 4 defence allows you to act to protect animals or crops how ever it is a defence NOT a  license.

Two points re yesterday's program the RSPB want to control all bird shooting!

The MP chairing the committee is obviously switched on and it's good to watch the very top people in NE being held to account he's having none of it. Makes you think there's hope yet!