Does this scope exist???

Scotch_egg

I am currently running a Schmidt and Bender PM11 ultra short 5-20X50. 

The official weight is 830g. It feels far heavier when mounted. It’s like rotational on bike wheels.

I am running it on a lightweight rifle and it feels out of place. The rifle is used for deer stalking, fox control and range shooting.  

As such I am looking for a replacement. I am open to first focal plane or second focal plane. However It is  an old argument that will be played out until the end of time; FFP v SFP. 

I can only see the reticle hash marks on full mag with FFP so don’t see the advantage of known reticle holdovers at lower mag. Therefore FFP isn’t a necessity for me  

My must have features are 700g or there abouts, dialable turrets and a mag range with a minimum of 15. The real issue is that I want a floating centre dot in the reticle. 

Mr Huevos,

Was in the same situation a good while ago, but I was using the unltra reliable reliable Hubble at the time i.e. 5-25 PM2 (last design before the key team left S&B).

Swapped to a March and did not find any draw backs (caveat - at this level it is down to the coatings your eyes like), so the two scopes you have option on are:

FFP, 3-24 x 52, floating dot ret. illuminated or not, mil or moa (NB rets match turrets)

or

SFP 2.5-25 x 52, floating dot ret is one of many available, moa, illuminated or not

Both of these scopes in any configuration are compact, simple zero stop 7 less than 700g

T

http://marchscopes.com/tactical-3-24-x-52-ffp.html

I would say this is going to be one of your best bets Scotch.

Definitely high on my list. I think they do a sfp too. 

I am on a similar vibe, looking at a more compact, lighter package than my Khales. The Ultra Short is more compact but not a great deal lighter. 

There are always going to be compromises, you just have to work out where your going to make them. 

What Ret is on your Ultra Short?

Can you see the dot on low mag or do you need the illumination? 

I have seen the March scopes and was edging towards them. 

I think the SFP will suit me best with one of the centre dot reticles. 

I would really like to get hands on one of the 2.5-25X42 to see just how dark they are at full mag. As it would only be used during daylight on targets at full power I might just get away with it. 

Thanks for the offer Gary but the 4-16X50 isn’t quite what I’m looking for. 

I am currently using a Horus Tremor 2 reticle. Below 15 mag the floating centre dot isn’t large enough to see for me to use as a precise point of aim and the reticle looks more like a duplex. The illumination is very low. I have recently discovered that a brighter illumination module is available that may assist with the point of aim. 

20 hours ago, terryh said:

Me Egg

pm me

Top man Terry

20 hours ago, Shuggy said:

How about the Leupold Mark 6, 3-18x44? Weight: 669 g, dialable turrets and both Tremor 2 and 3 reticles.

I will explore this option along with the Mark 5. I didn’t realise they were so light weight.