6br specific mags

Hi.....yes I've got this conversion for my 22br and it works faultlessly.

Regards, Rob.

ps I think others offer this conversion as well....with the advent of 3D printers its fairly straightforward to make the polymer blocks, it's resolving the spring alteration/shortening that causes the head scratching.

30 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

Matt,did you buy and fit it yourself and are they available in the UK?

I ordered direct from the Patriot Valley website, and had no issues getting it shipped to the UK.  The only problem was the price, the Accurate AICS mag was IIRC about £90 and the Patriot kit another £60+ after shipping etc.

I can definitely give a thumbs up for the CDI precision bottom metal. I ordered one from them for my last M595 and used standard AICS mags. Worked perfectly. The CDI people were very pleasant and helpful. 

Only thing to bear in mind is if wanting to use AICS mags in an M595, your gunsmith needs to mill a small groove either side of the bottom of the action to allow the mag feedlips to sit a bit higher. Without the modification the bolt can’t strip a round. CDI provide full instructions on what needs to be done. The above operation is best done when you rebarrel because the action must go for re-proof as a result of the milling work.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:23 PM, pengo said:

Any chance these would fit a Tikka 595 in 6BR?

I've done the 6mmBr magazine conversion for some time.

I had new springs made [ the original will not work ] and new followers.

The kit is £50 plus carriage.