Vortex Viper PST Gen II - Night vision

paramedicmatt

Good evening , 

just wondering if if anybody has used a vortex viper PST gen two - 5x25-50 with a night vision add on such as a pard ? 

Is it usable  ? 

Reading the post below about the pard add on and lens coatings I was just wondering if anyone had tried with this particular scope ? 

Thanks 

Matt 

I believe the gen2 is a step up from the gen1, but the latter I found one of the worst scopes I've tried with addons.

Whereabouts are you?

i would go with the 008 iv used the 007 as a spotter it was good ones on the scope couldn't get a decent pic, my mate got the 008 mutch better no scope issues and good coverage it would benefit from a separate ir tho

40 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

The YUKON PHOTON RT 6X50 will kick the pard into next week . For a budget NV they take some beating , and with a range of nearly 300 m just with the onboard IR  it’s a lot more than the pard . And better CCD chip too 👍

Also more usable features too , 

Just my opinion of course .

As you said, just your opinion, but please explain why you think the Photon will kick the PARD into next week.

I've looked through both and for me the image quality on the PARD is far superior to that on the Photon, and whilst the sensor in the Photon is definitely more sensitive, the vcsel illuminator in the PARD more than makes up for that.  In addition, the daylight full colour, full HD image on the PARD makes it perfectly usable as a day scope - something that definitely can't be said the for the low resolution, monochrome Photon

I have a PARD on my 22 rimfire and about to fit another to my 22 hornet.  In both cases these will single scope solutions, removing the need for add-ons or changing scopes between day and night.

Cheers

Bruce

On 4/22/2019 at 6:02 PM, phoenix said:

As you said, just your opinion, but please explain why you think the Photon will kick the PARD into next week.

I've looked through both and for me the image quality on the PARD is far superior to that on the Photon, and whilst the sensor in the Photon is definitely more sensitive, the vcsel illuminator in the PARD more than makes up for that.  In addition, the daylight full colour, full HD image on the PARD makes it perfectly usable as a day scope - something that definitely can't be said the for the low resolution, monochrome Photon

I have a PARD on my 22 rimfire and about to fit another to my 22 hornet.  In both cases these will single scope solutions, removing the need for add-ons or changing scopes between day and night.

Cheers

Bruce

+1