GRS bifrost

hi guys .well after being promised that .. grs..Were gonna release their bifrost stock  in right inlet{/left grip format they now say they have no current plans of doing so .So I asked that if I bought a full left hand stock would it be just a matter of cutting out a recces for the bolt on the right side,their answer was probably but consult a gunsmith to make sure (personally I thought they would have known factually) so my question is have any of you guys had any experience of fitting a right inlet into a left stock???Thanks in advance cheers

My stunningly  limited experience in this area (commissioned a right bolt left eject in RH stock) has left me understanding that the construction of the stock is critical as to what can / cannot be done. Not much help but something?

58 minutes ago, bighairyhaggishunter said:

hi guys .well after being promised that .. grs..Were gonna release their bifrost stock  in right inlet{/left grip format they now say they have no current plans of doing so .So I asked that if I bought a full left hand stock would it be just a matter of cutting out a recces for the bolt on the right side,their answer was probably but consult a gunsmith to make sure (personally I thought they would have known factually) so my question is have any of you guys had any experience of fitting a right inlet into a left stock???Thanks in advance cheers

Who promised you that? The only lefty Bifrost ever planned from the beginning is for T3’s. Once they’re done I plan on doing exactly that for my shooting buddy who’s a lefty with a right handed T3.

Thanks for the response guys.as you probably know GRS make left grip/right bolt in many of their laminate models ,I first enquired  in the autumn of 2018 about the availability of the BIFROST in such a format  for the tikka. T3 and was told early 2019 ..I emailed them in Feb to be told early April and last week was informed there were no current plans for such a model . I believe the full lefties have been available for a few months now ..Apart from milling out a right bolt recess I believe some material has to be removed for the bolt release pin. cheers

Archived