Needing some CZ facts on a 452 22LR

I picked up this rifle the other day when I visited the Big City. It's a CZ "Ultra Lux" 452 and I can't find it cataloged anywhere. It has a 28" barrel with a hooded front sight and a military style rear sight incremented to 300M. The wood is checkered hardwood with a thick (CZ marked) rubber recoil pad, and has (of all things) a gold colored trigger. Just ahead of the rear sight base the barrel is stamped "SUPER EXCLUSIVE" which I find an odd phraseology, to say the least. The rifle was supplied with a 10 round magazine and is new-in-the-box. I haven't contacted CZ yet as they are closed for the ...ahem, holiday, but the rumor here is that someone on that side of the water ordered the rifles built and then backed out, landing them on our CZ-hungry shores. I personally don't like long barreled .22's as I think it defeats the purpose, but this rifle was such a curiosity I had to take it home. The price was right and that helped a bit, too.

Do any of you gentlemen/ ladies/ folks,have any ideas on this odd-ball?? I'd sure appreciate the assist.

Regards ~Andrew

PS: It does shoot very well, indeed.

Sounds interesting, I'm sorry I can't help directly but the type of rear sight you have on it sounds very much like the one I had on a BRNO mod 2.

Good luck with your quest

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I have an old #1 that is incremented to 200 yards -as are all the CZ "trainers" on the market here now. This 28" barrel with the 300 yard settings is a odd duck!

John,

You always were the most thoughtful, and generous shooter I've known. Of course I'll take you up on your kind offer! Shall I bring that 10/22 Ruger of yours as well?? Say! I've got a couple thousand .22 V-Max bullets here I could bring as well as a case or two of that exotic rimfire ammo you like! Oh! But... Wait. The Regs won't allow that, will they?? Oh my. What a shame......

Regretfully Yours,

Andrew

Guest 308Panther

Check the internet for CZ USA...

They make a referance to a 28 in Lux w/ gold trigger...

and it is a Turkish Walnut Stock as opposed to the standard Beech wood.

Dont know if this descibes your or not....but they do show a pic.

308Panther

Thanks! I took another look at their site, this time digging a little deeper. I found the Ultra Lux. It's a cataloged rifle but it's still a strange bird with that 28.6 barrel. It's the Lux that has the Turkish Walnut stock; The Ultra Lux is listed as having a Beech stock and that fits my gun. Oddly, you can't seem to get the Ultra Lux 28" in a walnut chassis. If you want the 28" barrel you're stuck with beech. No matter. This rifle will either get hard use, or very little at all! ~Andrew

Andy,

OK smart one you just leave that Ruger 10/22 where it is, it is almost as rare as that CZ you now have. It was accurate right out of the box! You can also leave all that ammo where it is you know it is no good to me, HV with a moderator indeed, but I forgot you do not have those with you do you? something to do with the regs over there. I know where they are if I need them.

Glad that bloody thing shoots, and you have solved the mystery.

John

Guest Smeagle

Hello mate I may be able to shed some light on your rifle. If it is the modal that I think that it is and it sounds like it from the gold trigger and walnut stock and barrel length its a celebratory modal.

To celebrate 50 years of shipping to Australia. It was designed to be exported out here as a one off. Keep a hold of it there are only so many and it should have a number on it.

Archived