NRA RCO Handloading Rule

Brillo

I'm intrigued by a spot-check on 6.5X47L as it's pretty difficult to get outside of the MoD envelope at least with anything other than light varmint bullets. 6X47 or various other 6mm wildcats could easily be an MV issue though.

Everybody 'thinks' HME / ME on this topic, but remember there is an MV ceiling too that in effect rules out 204 Ruger, 22-250 Rem and many SAAMI / CIP sixes with anything less than the heavier match bullets in fast-twist barrels.

https://nra.org.uk/nra-bisley/ranges/latest-range-information/range-regulations/ 

1,000 m/s = 3,280 fps

Just now, Laurie said:

I'm intrigued by a spot-check on 6.5X47L as it's pretty difficult to get outside of the MoD envelope at least with anything other than light varmint bullets. 6X47 or various other 6mm wildcats could easily be an MV issue though.

Everybody 'thinks' HME / ME on this topic, but remember there is an MV ceiling too that in effect rules out 204 Ruger, 22-250 Rem and many SAAMI / CIP sixes with anything less than the heavier match bullets in fast-twist barrels.

https://nra.org.uk/nra-bisley/ranges/latest-range-information/range-regulations/ 

1,000 m/s = 3,280 fps

exactly right.

On this occasion, I think the object was to familiarise the NRA guys with the Labradar as much as catching a transgressor...............the figure I gave them was within 20fps of their measurement, which was nice.

Pete

4 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Blimey, you mind reader! I was about to make a similar comment.  The process was abused for sure.  I think Georgina has a grip on the admin now, it was/is a big task but the NRA team have done a good job.

Yes, we have a very good NRA now

5 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

On this occasion, I think the object was to familiarise the NRA guys with the Labradar as much as catching a transgressor...............the figure I gave them was within 20fps of their measurement, which was nice.

Pete

Image result for thumbs up emoji

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 2:48 PM, Laurie said:

Easy to forget a 223 with a 55gr bullet is likely to be up around 990m/s with a decent length barrel.

I guess most target 223 shooters (CSR etc) are 62gr and above.

38 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Easy to forget a 223 with a 55gr bullet is likely to be up around 990m/s with a decent length barrel.

I guess most target 223 shooters (CSR etc) are 62gr and above.

Yes, also for those shooters who don't compete but like to try out "unusual" calibers for target shooting:  .243 for example, we have a problem with 75gn and lighter bullets.  .30LM may exceed the Mv limit of 1000m/s (just).