Ammo Wallets

Scotch_egg

11 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Can any one recommend any ammo wallets? 

I dont like plastic boxes snd want something that’s doesn’t make a sound.

Scotch,Garlands do a nice 14 round holder, green or camo, I've got one, also got one I've had for years called a smart rig that's the same, neoprene,but I can't find it for sale anywhere

25 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

Scotch,Garlands do a nice 14 round holder, green or camo, I've got one, also got one I've had for years called a smart rig that's the same, neoprene,but I can't find it for sale anywhere

+1 for the garlands 14 rd neoprene wallets

I recommend the RWS leather one.  It holds ten rounds.  I have used mine daily for probably 8 years now and it shows little signs of wear.  It was obtained from Macleods of Tain.  I dont know how much it was as it was bought for me.  I also have a Radar one but it's not the quality of the RWS one and the elastic bit of it that holds the rounds in has became loose

Down here at the smaller calibre end......

I got tired of carrying rattly boxes of rimfire ammunition around the woods and fields. Not as cheap as my first plan which was a block of high density foam with holes in but I bought one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-AMMO-wallet-pouch-22-22-magnum-17HMR-HOLDS-40-ROUNDS/291041753678?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=590205893664&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It does the job nicely.

Have a look at the Ulfhednir wallets. The chaps at NSAC on here sell them.

I have one of their fold up ones. It holds 4 x 10 rounds in elastic loops. The loops are removable in 10's [velcro ] and it also has a clear plastic pocket for dope cards.

very nice quality indeed.

Mr Egg

Ive used the TAB bullet binders for a while and found them very good:

FA82483C-1164-4C23-B909-9E0F2576C907.thumb.jpeg.d194e54502fd700f0efa1ea32db67a3a.jpeg

But just trying their billet pouch which will hold about 150 rounds and has a divider to deprecate your fired brass

Some great options to get me going. 

I really like the high capacity binders for the likes of the prs series. Having to carry ammunition in a bag in boxes is uncomfortable. 

Spare magazines would be great but at £60 a throw it’s not something I’m willing to invest in. 

2 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Some great options to get me going. 

I really like the high capacity binders for the likes of the prs series. Having to carry ammunition in a bag in boxes is uncomfortable. 

Spare magazines would be great but at £60 a throw it’s not something I’m willing to invest in. 

How is a £25 a Magpul Pmag £60?

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-308-20RD-PMAG-LR/SR-GEN-M3-MAGAZINE-308-WINCHESTER-AR-308-PMAG-LR-SR-GEN-M3-Mag-308-Win-20rd-Polymer-Black-MAGPUL-Semi-Auto-20-Round-100011563

The Tab gear thingies are great value at only twice as much money as a magazine 🤣

15 hours ago, bradders said:

How is a £25 a Magpul Pmag £60?

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-308-20RD-PMAG-LR/SR-GEN-M3-MAGAZINE-308-WINCHESTER-AR-308-PMAG-LR-SR-GEN-M3-Mag-308-Win-20rd-Polymer-Black-MAGPUL-Semi-Auto-20-Round-100011563

The Tab gear thingies are great value at only twice as much money as a magazine 🤣

I don’t just own the Fix Bradders. I have an AIAT as well. 

I have found voodoo tactical make a 40 round holder for £20. 

Hi Scotchegg,

I make these. Silent made from cordura, will hold 20 rounds, .308 parent case cartridges. 4 rolls will fit in a standard osprey ammo pouch. Also made for .338LM again 20 rounds. Available for .223, 30 rounds.

Picture shows loaded with 6.5x4720190321_154047.thumb.jpg.876e286a1c1a692979eb9908560c63c8.jpg

Archived