40gr 223

Rammer223

Anyone running these through 20” barrel what sort velocity can be expected, what powder works I have plenty N133 which I have good results using with the 53gr vmax through 26” barrel 

regards lee 

If I could get somewhere near that would be happy enough after looking around on the web not sure could get enough N133 in the case for 40s more expense!!! , trouble with vit is size of tubs takes me years to get through the stuff with the amount I do 

lee 

I’m away so can’t look up my load at the moment but take a look at Reloader 10x.

I was seeing great velocity (from memory over 3900) and accuracy with RL10 and 40g Blitzkings from a 1:12 24” barrel which I unfortunately no longer own. 

I just ran some leftover rounds through a 16” fast twist and the accuracy was amazing. I’ll be resurrecting the load !

• 3 weeks later...

I had my mates 24" rem 700 doing 3805 fps with 25grns vn130 40grn nosler bt, accuracy was better with 24.5@ 3748 though, and nosler bt's ran faster  than Vmax in his barrel.

I have a Rem 700 LVSF 22" barrel  in .223 and tried a load the other day of 24.9 of VV n133 and that was coming up the neck of my sako brass trimmed to 1.750 " and Coal of 2.200 , all within 3/4" at 100 which is good enough for me as a varmint round, but there is no way i could get 27gn in my case thats for sure  

Archived