went to my local; range today . It was blowing an absolute gale and driving rain but as the shooting point were covered , game on !!

grabbed the uberti 1873   44/40 and a handful of home loads 

shooting over 75m ( 82yrds ) No bi pod , No scope . just shooting off my elbow and open sights ( buckthorn style ) 

even though my front blade sight was covering the target , I had the best old school fun in a long while 

30 shots 

That's not to shabby in that wind today,and off yer elbows "the bradders way" I reckon even john Wayne would have been happy with that,and had a smile on his face 😀

13 hours ago, One on top of two said:

went to my local; range today . It was blowing an absolute gale and driving rain but as the shooting point were covered , game on !!

grabbed the uberti 1873   44/40 and a handful of home loads 

shooting over 75m ( 82yrds ) No bi pod , No scope . just shooting off my elbow and open sights ( buckthorn style ) 

even though my front blade sight was covering the target , I had the best old school fun in a long while 

30 shots 

fullsizeoutput_1a8.jpeg

looks like that took a few months of pressure off you and you enjoyed your self ,well done for getting out and shooting.r

27 minutes ago, 1066 said:

Not bad at all. Someone with less integrity could crop the top of the target and claim two 5 shot x 1moa groups with open sights and off elbows, just nice to see the whole target.

I just wish I could get my .410 to pattern that good at 20 yards 😂

there are shots at my local club that could do that standing . We have some fine shooters at the club ,

however I doubt very much any of them would have had half the fun I did 👍

Archived