Hertfordshire Police and FEO, great service.

Paul Cat

I hear so many shooters telling tales of woe about dealing with their FEOs and licencing offices that I thought I'd give some good feedback for a change.

I submitted a permission form (I was on a closed ticket) for some woodland where I'd been asked to help with culling grey squirrels. After a bit of back-and-forth while he/they tried to identify the ground (it had been known by several names and carved off from the original estate) my FEO suggested it would be easier if I just applied for an amendement to an open ticket.

I submitted a letter requesting that a week ago and today my FAC came back with a change in the conditions saying it's now down to me to assess suitability of where to shoot.  I can't fault that.

2 hours ago, bowji john said:

You are lucky

I put a variation in at Devon and Cornwall 8 weeks ago

still waiting ......

That's not good, Essex are brilliant now, turned mine around in 6 days recently 😃

1 hour ago, David Hancock said:

Bob.  Essex beat that for me.  Three working days for a calibre variation.  Credit where credit's due.

Excellent, i put mine in the post on a Thursday and had it back in my hand the following Wednesday so probably similar to yours,working days wise, well done Essex👌

I've always found Essex to be good.  (Not sitting reading a newspaper !!! )  I had a .17H and it just was not working for me, spoke to Samantha to find out their workload.  Chopped in the .17H, on a Saturday, RMSD 1-4-1 Monday, arrived Tuesday, ticket Friday, new Sauer 1200 fluted  in .223 Saturday.  Great rifle.  LOVES 56gn GECO in .223.  Just put a TRACT Toric scope on it.  Super scope.  ATB.

Just spoke to the nice lady at Fire arms office

She told me my application is on the system and i'm half way through the process of renewal

So that's alright then, only another 8 weeks to go :o

Archived