The Fix from Q

Thought I would post  couple of photos of my new rifle. I imported this privately from the US and as far as I’m aware it is the only one in Europe. 

It is called The Fix and is the manufactured by company called Q. 

The rifle is designed as a lightweight utility rifle. The barrels can be easily changed by the user. It isn’t a quick change system like AI but it’s very simple and can be done in 5 minutes.

With the 16” .308 barrel the rifle weighs 6.3lbs. I have it currently setup with a 20” 6.5 Creedmoor and I also have 24” 6.5 creedmoor proof research barrel. 

45 degree bolt throw and the bolt is on rails. It uses SR-25 pattern magazines. 

I am using an Oceania Defence sound moderator. I have to say I am very impressed by this item and to my ear noise suppression is better than my bench mark Ase Utra Jet Z.  It is the the inconnel model and weighs 300g, 

My intended use for the rifle is hunting and the odd PRS comp. The ergonomics are excellent and even though the butt pat is very small it afforded enough recoil management to be comfortable. 

F3F8970A-5BCD-4071-A491-CC0EC0AAA637.png

To really understand the rifle check out these videos. 

EC4F0AAC-B04B-4D8E-86FD-5707C3AB6492.jpeg

68BFE99A-4B19-4C17-907E-8BFFAA0527D4.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good in the pic Dave with the PM11 on top

Glad it worked out for you 

Barrels easy to change and very portable system 

Look forwards to seeing it shoot 

A very interesting rifle and a refreshingly innovative approach

I believe the barrels are done by Dave Tooley

i am curious though that after saying you love Tier Ones new bipod but hate the name, you then buy a rifle called “The Fix”’ from a company called “Q”

🤔

9 minutes ago, bradders said:

A very interesting rifle and a refreshingly innovative approach

I believe the barrels are done by Dave Tooley

i am curious though that after saying you love Tier Ones new bipod but hate the name, you then buy a rifle called “The Fix”’ from a company called “Q”

🤔

Teir one is a reference to special forces kit, of all the people I thought you would understand that.  I will buy one of the new bipods, they could do with better advertising and video people. The instagram video is very dark and doesn’t give a good view of the features.

I don’t like the name of Q and the fix as well but the kit is good 😂

Dave Tooley did my barrels and I have spoken with him about the rifle before I made the purchase.

Kevin Britingam the owner of Q has fallen out with Bartlein and Dave and they no longer work together.

2 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Teir one is a reference to special forces kit, of all the people I thought you would understand that.  I will buy one of the new bipods, they could do with better advertising and video people. The instagram video is very dark and doesn’t give a good view of the features.

I don’t like the name of Q and the fix as well but the kit is good 😂

Dave Tooley did my barrels and I have spoken with him about the rifle before I made the purchase.

Kevin Britingam the owner of Q has fallen out with Bartlein and Dave and they no longer work together.

Ummm.......I never said I didn't understand it, I know exactly what it refers to (and not necessarily SF stuff), it was you who mentioned you didn't like the name, not me. WRT to their new product, a Ladypod® is still a Ladypod® no matter how good it is or who made it....as long as it is new, fresh and innovative and not a rip off of someone else's design (quite a bit of that in the Ladypod® world you know 🙄, then that's fine with me, much like this new rifle

When you first mentioned this rifle some weeks ago, I did a bit of searching and saw there was a spat going on with Mr Tooley and Q over some substandard barrel finishes or similar, anyway i look forward to seeing it at one of our wonderful and massively supported CSR matches soon.....shall I send you the dates? 🤣

BTW, I've just looked and it seems they are now using Green Mountain barrels!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, bradders said:

Ummm.......I never said I didn't understand it, I know exactly what it refers to (and not necessarily SF stuff), it was you who mentioned you didn't like the name, not me. WRT to their new product, a Ladypod® is still a Ladypod® no matter how good it is or who made it....as long as it is new, fresh and innovative and not a rip off of someone else's design (quite a bit of that in the Ladypod® world you know 🙄, then that's fine with me, much like this new rifle

When you first mentioned this rifle some weeks ago, I did a bit of searching and saw there was a spat going on with Mr Tooley and Q over some substandard barrel finishes or similar, anyway i look forward to seeing it at one of our wonderful and massively supported CSR matches soon.....shall I send you the dates? 🤣

BTW, I've just looked and it seems they are now using Green Mountain barrels!!!!!!!

I will be shooting the PRS matches when I can. I will pass on the CSR dates but thanks for the offer. I will also be using the rifle for hunting which is my mainstay of shooting so it will see some regular use. 

They are indeed now using Green Mountain barrels following alleged issues with Tooley and Bartlein. 

I am not going to comment on the reasons for the change. 

24 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

So did I, looked in several places including Cabelas where it is advertised but never saw a hint at a price

https://www.liveqordie.com/products/the-fix-by-q/

Prices have gone up since I purchased my rifle. Quite considerable intact. I suspect because they cannot supply the demand.  

35 minutes ago, lapua said:

Tooley is a fantastic smith, built the rifle i wish i’d never sold.

nice traditional hunting rig😂

what accuracy are you getting?

I will update you with the accuracy once load development is complete. 

Its ergonomics over tradition for me.