Recommend a .338 / 9mm moderator

We're looking for recommendations for a moderator, ideally one that can be used on both a .338" target and 9.3x74R hunting rifle. The .338" would seem to be the more demanding application as it could see shots being fired in rapid succession, hence a build up of heat. A steel, titanium or Inconel moderator is therefore not out of the question. Does anyone have real practical experience of these and recommendations of what is the current best option, or something to avoid?

On 2/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, David Hancock said:

Speak to the guys at Calibre Innovations.  Their engineering as above that of Hausken, aimsonic S&L I would suggest.  Or Alison Green at Wildcat.

They don’t exist in their old entity anymore and the current Calibre Innovations is owned by a couple of Dalek Plinky Plonkers

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2019 at 4:03 PM, meles meles said:

Dalek Plinky Plonkers?

Exactly what does that mean?

I think it refers to someone who's not particularly into his style of shooting or competition (CSR I think), but I stand to be corrected.

53 minutes ago, ezmobile said:

I think it refers to someone who's not particularly into his style of shooting or competition (CSR I think), but I stand to be corrected.

Nothing to do with CSR, but it is self explanatory 

You have Daleks and you also have Plinky Plonkers, and combined you have Dalek Plinky Plonkers, Plonkers who Plink in a Dalek style, is that cleared up now?

Sorry mate, but I'm none the wiser? Its just the case where, when you employ the use of the word "plonker", it could be taken as a derogatory term, as in Del Boy's "Rodders (or even Bradders) - You Plonker"! Even if its not intended to be derogatory, as no doubt is the case when you use the expression.

Archived