The Shooting Show

David Hancock

I don't care about the whingers - and by Golly are they some in the shooting scene - but I had an excellent day at the NEC today.  Great new products to view and review.  Companies who had actually taken care over presenting their products with clarity and pride - not like the game fair going through racks of shite by some companies - great chats - thank you all, great courtesy and a couple of purchases shipped back to the office to hide from the wife !

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

Please can some one feed back the new Teir one bipod. 

I hate the company name but hopefully the product will achieve innovative status and not copy existing products on the market. 

You could read our review  http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=2829

The name?  Well, it was Third Eye Tactical but such names are less than PC in some circles.......

8 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

The name?  Well, it was Third Eye Tactical but such names are less than PC in some circles.......

There is a new one Vince. They released it yesterday and have a preview on Instagram. The video isn’t very clear but it looks good. Same legs as the one you have reviewed but cantilevered above the barrel. 

Looks good. At 12oz does that mean its a bit heavier than a similar Harris ? I was thinking of it more in a stalking context but not much point spending £250 to end up at about the same weight despite all the carbon.  I appreciate that's not its primary purpose though. Probably a bit low for the hill as well.

Still looks like a nice  option

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

There is a new one Vince. They released it yesterday and have a preview on Instagram. The video isn’t very clear but it looks good. Same legs as the one you have reviewed but cantilevered above the barrel. 

Ah - not seen that one but sounds good - I'll try and grab one for review.

14 minutes ago, Chanonry said:

Looks good. At 12oz does that mean its a bit heavier than a similar Harris ? I was thinking of it more in a stalking context but not much point spending £250 to end up at about the same weight despite all the carbon.  I appreciate that's not its primary purpose though. Probably a bit low for the hill as well.

Still looks like a nice  option

I was interested in the model Vince reviewed and asked for the weight of the carbon and aluminium models. This is the reply I got. As you can see it’s not really worth going carbon and certainly not a stalking weight. 

Aluminum 
180mm pan and tilt - 342g
180mm tilt only - 322g
230mm pan and tilt - 398g
230mm tilt only - 376g

Carbon
180mm pan and tilt - 340g
180mm tilt only - 318g
230mm pan and tilt - 384g
230mm tilt only - 364g

6 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

I was interested in the model Vince reviewed and asked for the weight of the carbon and aluminium models. This is the reply I got. As you can see it’s not really worth going carbon and certainly not a stalking weight. 

Aluminum 
180mm pan and tilt - 342g
180mm tilt only - 322g
230mm pan and tilt - 398g
230mm tilt only - 376g

Carbon
180mm pan and tilt - 340g
180mm tilt only - 318g
230mm pan and tilt - 384g
230mm tilt only - 364g

Have you seen the really light bi-pod that Tier One do?  The latest ones are more 'tactical'.

I fitted the new tier one bipods to two of our display rifles on the Accuracy international stand.

I was so impressed, I will be buying some for the shop this week.

The quality is superb.

Direct fitting to AI fore end, and the bipods are light. Most certainly lighter than a Harris.

Now now Mark , you lurv of bi-pods is showing thru’ 😉

Thread does seem a bit light on show detail though? 🤔

For example would you be able to ‘stock up’ for the year on consumables? I did not go but asked a friend to obtain some RS80 and he only found 1kg on the Saturday = no good 

T

On 2/16/2019 at 12:01 AM, The Gun Pimp said:

Never mind the bipod Vince, I’m sure it’s well up to Craigs usual high standards...but what is that abomination you’ve mounted it to?

Archived