Steel Core Designs

Ronin

Had an email re the British Shooting Show regarding these rifles being one of the exhibitors, so had a look at their web site 

https://www.steelcoredesigns.com/gallery/

Cant help but think the receiver reminds me of the old RPA Quadlite 

Anyone know anything about this “military tested system” quoted from the blurb ?

Seem to recognise a few faces in the pictures - any one have information on how this rifle performs ?

According to the web page it has undergone military testing - but doesn’t specify with whom or to what standard

Havent seen these before and as far as I know they were not part of the recent US tests ?

The clue is in the address, Tonbridge, Kent.............this is where RPA have a place. I had a pic rail fitted to a rifle there a few years ago.

It was a bugger to find, tucked away on a small ind. estate. Some really nice kit lying around, though.

Pete

Ah I see

have done further research - seems these rifles are not that new - and the testing was undertaken in I believe Pakistan of all places ,,,,,,,

Smoke and Mirrors

Unfortunately there's a lot of these fringe companies touting the "Undergone Military Testing" line, it doesn't mean anything

Some of my .22 BARs have "Undergone Police Testing", that doesn't mean anything either

The more professional companies don't say a word, they just get the contracts and get on with it, and a pic of a guy in MTP shooting on the gravel at Orion isn't Military testing, Walt testing maybe, Tested by Walts for Walts 🤣

For all the Military Testing they've undergone, how many contracts have been awarded?.....not that I care

Greg, thank you 

wondered about accuracy / reliability / functionality of the system as a whole 

The rifle isn’t something I had any knowledge of so general interest from my perspective and I’m sure a few others would be interested.

There is heaps available about other systems (AI, DTA, PGWDTI for example) 

"Tested by Walts for Walts"   priceless 🤣

It would be interesting to know what is built from stock material & parts and what's bought-in.  I'll be surprised if anything is their own manufacture, just too damned expensive to tool up for series production.

One of my club mate mates has a 26 inch 308 cyclone.he has has a few issues feeding and something to do with the  bolt throw. The after sales service was excellent. They even met my mate at Bisley and carried out a thorough inspection and test and took it away, solved the problems,the rifle shoots as good as it looks.

Well if they are a reincarnation or a subsidary of RPA, they already have the tooling and a factory. Have a look at the Gunmart review:

https://www.steelcoredesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/338-CYCLONE-REVIEW-LR.pdf

"Tested by Walts for Walts"...............Popsbengo, I love that !!😎

Pete

From a design point .... the RPA Quadlock and Steelcore are similar as they use a 4 lug bolt face and are both bomb proof as the the guy Involved in their design is the same person . When the MD and design guy fell out with the owner at the time of RPA they left and started up Steelcore .

There are various models all done around selling to countries rather than Individuals and with the usual calibers .... 308 , 338 & 50

When you turn up in a country the rifles your using are already there with the police or Military and they can be there months after you've left so new rifles are then sent to the next country where a trial is required . Maybe I've been lucky but Ive not been sent a bad rifle to date !

I've seen these rifles cooked in ovens , frozen in a freezer , caked in mud and submerged in water oh and droped on the muzzle , butt and side from 3m without the blank firing .

I've not seen their rifles fail any environment tests to date and their accurate .

Understanding their use ... ie army etc then once you tweek the trigger its a very good tactical rifle that would hold it's own with anything . It's not a BAT with a Jewel fitted !

They are a tad heavier than certain competition which I've always found an advantage .

If I knew how to post pictures here or a video I'd put Images of my own Cyclone .

Greg

From a design point .... the RPA Quadlock and Steelcore are similar as they use a 4 lug bolt face and are both bomb proof as the the guy Involved in their design is the same person . When the MD and design guy fell out with the owner at the time of RPA they left and started up Steelcore .

There are various models all done around selling to countries rather than Individuals and with the usual calibers .... 308 , 338 & 50

When you turn up in a country the rifles your using are already there with the police or Military and they can be there months after you've left so new rifles are then sent to the next country where a trial is required . Maybe I've been lucky but Ive not been sent a bad rifle to date !

I've seen these rifles cooked in ovens , frozen in a freezer , caked in mud and submerged in water oh and droped on the muzzle , butt and side from 3m without the blank firing .

I've not seen their rifles fail any environment tests to date and their accurate .

Understanding their use ... ie army etc then once you tweek the trigger its a very good tactical rifle that would hold it's own with anything . It's not a BAT with a Jewel fitted !

They are a tad heavier than certain competition which I've always found an advantage .

If I knew how to post pictures here or a video I'd put Images of my own Cyclone .

Greg

1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

Well if they are a reincarnation or a subsidary of RPA, they already have the tooling and a factory. Have a look at the Gunmart review:

https://www.steelcoredesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/338-CYCLONE-REVIEW-LR.pdf

"Tested by Walts for Walts"...............Popsbengo, I love that !!😎

Pete

Not me, not cleaver enough!  I quoted Bradders

Andy , Steelcore won't be at the show , I thought it odd when you said as thier market is not aimed at civi street . One of the guy's that works for Mike is on a stand and I'm guessing he'll have a Steelcore rifle on show but I think it would be a token offering  ?

Greg

Andy , Steelcore won't be at the show , I thought it odd when you said as thier market is not aimed at civi street . One of the guy's that works for Mike is on a stand and I'm guessing he'll have a Steelcore rifle on show but I think it would be a token offering  ?

Greg

Found this on Twitter  (scroll down a bit)   https://twitter.com/Rifle_Maker

Looks like the Steelcore offerings.............but then all tacticools look the same to me...............this guy does do some fantastic work, though.

His System Gemini's are renowned

Pete

Archived