Tikka tac a1 6.5 c/m moderator

27 minutes ago, stottycake said:

Looking at getting a mod for the above ,anyone have any recommendations 

A mate has wildcat evolution on his and it is very quiet, just wanted some real world feedback

Tia,

Al

What are you intending to use the rifle for when using the moderator?

i would recommend different moderators for different applications. 

2 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

What are you intending to use the rifle for when using the moderator?

i would recommend different moderators for different applications. 

It's used for range work out to 600-900, yards ,I currently use the brake that was supplied. just fancy a mod for it,

For range work I would look to get a muzzle mounted moderator. 

Over barrel moderators keep the heat in the barrel which is a consideration. As we know heat isn’t good for barrel life and also mirage when on range. 

I would be looking at the options from ASE Utra. Steel constructed sealed units that function very well. Noise suppression is excellent with the Jet-Z model I have been using for years. 

The SL range is stainless steel so a little more durable than the jet-z.

You should definitely consider a muzzle mounted mod like scotch_egg suggests. 

I use a jet z compact for range use and it's excellent but my mate recently bought a ase sl7i mod for his rifle and I think it's even quieter. It's stainless as well which is a bonus. 

16 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

For range work I would look to get a muzzle mounted moderator. 

Over barrel moderators keep the heat in the barrel which is a consideration. As we know heat isn’t good for barrel life and also mirage when on range. 

I would be looking at the options from ASE Utra. Steel constructed sealed units that function very well. Noise suppression is excellent with the Jet-Z model I have been using for years. 

The SL range is stainless steel so a little more durable than the jet-z.

I've been looking at the sl5,but can't find the thread size of my rifle listed .5/8x24,

Am I missing something here, 😯

I have a stunning Calibre Innovations OVB on my Bergara 6.5.  Expensvie, heavy at 635gms BUT stunning in build quality and suppression.  I have a Wildcat Evo on my Sauer .223.  £240.  Again stunning build and suppression.  I would not go anywhere else for a future purchase other than Wildcat.  UK made.  Superb advice and back up from Alison Green

Archived