'Long Range Plinky Plonker®' - KMW LongSword

Just putting rifle back together after Hydrographic dipping

Rifle is a KMW LongSword built by Terry Cross (ref. https://www.kmwlrs.com/longsword )

Base Cartridge is the 300NM, Defiant Deviant action (KMW variant), 1:9 Heavy Palmer Krieger barrel. Trigger is Timney Calvin Elite, APA 'fat B'stard' brake - which is very efficient but clear benches either side 😉

2003618915_reaper4.thumb.jpg.b89bea196108172e7aec20703c62e1ca.jpg

To enable the rife to go a bit further I went with the Ivey adjustable base which gives an additional 60 mils on top of the scopes available 20 mil (when adjusted with the base)  so 80 mil of elevation should do it!

1288810314_reaper3.thumb.jpg.be1888ce3e5124e9da509b213b7267a9.jpg

Scope is a March 5-40 x 56 .05mil click variant

438185308_reaper2.thumb.jpg.f82ac35aeb6ee748923cae8b3731da6e.jpg

Went with the Atlas heavy bi-pod but the fwd NV mount on the stock could be used with a pendulum type bi-pod

438026266_reaper1.thumb.jpg.c45784cbf2db5c1477f8749370fa56f2.jpg 

The stock is the KMW Sentinel with a 'reaper cam' dip.

Load development is looking good, using the Berger 230g OTM hybrids over RS80 (aka RE33) obtaining 2930 - 2970 fps with no issues on pressure seen. Just need to confirm a couple of loads before going to distance - hopefully at Tiffs place if work allows.

Terry

A work of art................but can it be used in any competitions, or is it really just a plinker?

Re-Pete

Re-Pete,

As per title, no real competitions as such, few folks just wanting to push things a bit. Think of it like owning a Ferrari or nice watch etc. f'all use or advantage in real life :)

I've 'done' competitions to a reasonable level in the past, now shoot for personnel challenge, in a position to be able to just enjoy shooting - not saying I do not compete at club level though, that is essential.

T

Lapua,

The scope does end up a bit taller than normal at 3” but is a function of the adjustable base - which is a nice piece of eng/kit.

Sentinels, well yes a bit smitten with them: 22rf, 6.5x47 and the 300NM pre paint job

EA99EF5E-3A0D-488F-9C16-F104DD79690B.thumb.jpeg.b5dbf5cec4fc597b7e4f588bcfe56bb5.jpeg

Re-Pete

They are ‘standard’ construction a GRP or in the 6.5 a CF skin with varying density foam innards. McM make them for KMW under license.

the stock is very comfortable, most folks who handle them go ‘oh, that’s nice’

Dave

Not a Vudo, Annie MPR so I had to have a barrel block made, action is floating. Very accurate and consistent with R50 which it seems to like.

"Plinky Plonkin" :  Shooting a rifle just for the sheer hell of it, no pressure, no competition, no worries, (unless you happen to have a muzzle brake on a 16" barrelled 308, in which case you need 5 metres clear either side, or a degree in martial arts)

"Plinky Plonker":  A person suffering from an insatiable need to carry out the above activitity.(frequently shortened to Plonker, with expletives)

Pete

Mark,

I know, hence the inclusion in post title of the (metaphoric)  registered trade mark sign in acknowledgement :) 

Terry

Grand Poobah of the Plinky Plonkers®

2 hours ago, terryh said:

Mark,

I know, hence the inclusion in post title of the (metaphoric)  registered trade mark sign in acknowledgement :) 

Terry

Grand Poobah of the Plinky Plonkers®

I am perfectly used to being copied, some acknowledge it but most don’t, and some claim them for their own. I see it all the time I see someone else’s AR for example , but hey ho that’s just how it is in blighty 

It’s a nice rifle Terry, but I’m really not sure about the skulls

Pete,

no one else was volunteering 

Mark,

re skulls, done the camo bit and really do not need a camo’ed rifle ( actually who does?) Flat colour’s a bit boring so thought they'd make a bit of a change. Looks like snow camo from a distance.

T

I have looked at the skulls for a dipping option before but I keep having flashbacks to the catacombs under Paris with a quite armpitty woman of German origin. Some people get turned on by all of that sort of stuff. Afraid to say that I do a bit of plinkyplonking most days, but am firmly a  DPM when it comes to cammo. 

23 hours ago, bradders said:

If they were all faces of Bradders it would look really cool, and you’d have a reminder of me long after I’ve shuffled off 🤣

Mark,

If I could find a pattern with biscuits on it I’d have it on an orange background  😎 😂

T

Archived