Accuracy International ASR

ChrisF

It’s available now in the states - circa 20k UsD - interesting they have moved to Arca rail compliant and key mod to go with trend in PRS type rifles (at a price )

I see Desert Tech have revised their platform too with revised trigger and weight saving 

54 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I see they have released their new  ASR model in Shot show 2019 , its made to use 308 , 300NM & 338NM , you can order a deployment kit , ie gun 3 barrels ,  2 bolts , mags etc , I wonder when you can order just the rifle ?

No

To follow will be the AXSR, apparently mid next year. Said to be all US made, so the £1m question is will it also be made in the UK?

Seems like they tout the following “improvements” - not bonded action ( 5 bolts hold  chassis and action together), two position safety on chassis, AR type grip, different bolt geometry,  Arca Swiss forend thingy, still keeping key slot on AXSR though..... and on 338LM. Caliber adapters done by magazine rather than by a chassis insert.

Personally I’m not interested if it’s not made in the UK. I must have drank too much AI cool aid on the Artic Warfare (AW) trigger - works anywhere, bonded chassis stability and the advantages of a 3 position safety and ease of bolt disassembly.

Guess we will be getting the chassis kit one way or another anyway.

If its made in the USA , I am not interested at all , getting stuff out of the US can be a major pain , compared to any where else in the World .

I like the fact it has done away with the mag well adapter for 308 , BUT in reality , if I had one I would run it in 300NM and that's it , if I want a 308 , I will use a AW , AT or AX308 .

And its stupid the Yanks WANT mlok , over AIs excellent keymod , just shows that they have no idea whats really good ?? , and I also like the 3 posn safety over a AR type safety , here's a clue guys  , its NOT a AR15 , its a bolt gun .

Cheers Chris

16 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

If its made in the USA , I am not interested at all , getting stuff out of the US can be a major pain , compared to any where else in the World .

I like the fact it has done away with the mag well adapter for 308 , BUT in reality , if I had one I would run it in 300NM and that's it , if I want a 308 , I will use a AW , AT or AX308 .

And its stupid the Yanks WANT mlok , over AIs excellent keymod , just shows that they have no idea whats really good ?? , and I also like the 3 posn safety over a AR type safety , here's a clue guys  , its NOT a AR15 , its a bolt gun .

Cheers Chris

AI don’t use Keymod, they use their own proprietary version of it called Key Slot that takes only AI accessories and rails, it stands to reason that they would choose the more widely accepted Mlok

As for an AR style safety, makes sense when people have familiarity and are transitioning

It was an absolutely horrendous rifle when I saw it in Vegas. Like a child had re-jigged the AX.

This will not be available in the UK according to Sporting Services, and personally I don’t see that as any great loss.

Looks like , AI missed out again to get a contract , Barrett won it , so AI misses the PSR to Rem ( USA ) , and now the ASR to Barrett ( USA ) , also  the German 338 went to Haenal ( German ) , why bother , when they are virtually always going to go local reguardless of wether you have the better design/product  , as long as they have a local maker , they will always go that route  .

Archived