Thunder beast bipods

2 hours ago, InTheSticks said:

they look the business but at £300 they need to be

True.

Seams most of the new generation of bipods are around that price now.

2 hours ago, trucraft said:

True.

Seams most of the new generation of bipods are around that price now.

Because you’re all willing to pay it, I’ll stick with my elbows and a magazine

1 hour ago, bradders said:

Because you’re all willing to pay it, I’ll stick with my elbows and a magazine

This thread was mostly aimed at you Mark. knowing your love of bipods. 😘

Going ever so slightly off thread here, but why DO our American cousins have to give all their kit such names?

What we over here would call a "XYZ3 MkII", they have to go with something like a "Thunder Dragon Beast slayer Death Star Vampire Monster Mangler" and all it is is a bloomin bipod, Muzzle brake or a cup holder you attach to a chair!! Whats that all about?  

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...Hmmmmm

6 hours ago, Breacher said:

True - I saw at least 5 new bipods last week at Shot Show.

All very nice too.

Anything that that stood out from other companies? 

5 hours ago, trucraft said:

Anything that that stood out from other companies? 

Not really - all are stronger and wider footprint than before. All have optional feet such as talons etc

As far as I can see, mine is still the only 12 o clock mountable one derived from a .50 rifle design.

But I would happily move to one of the rivals if they stopped making mine...................

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, ezmobile said:

Going ever so slightly off thread here, but why DO our American cousins have to give all their kit such names?

What we over here would call a "XYZ3 MkII", they have to go with something like a "Thunder Dragon Beast slayer Death Star Vampire Monster Mangler" and all it is is a bloomin bipod, Muzzle brake or a cup holder you attach to a chair!! Whats that all about?  

Certain names do sell, others not so much because they are deemed to be not fully aligned to there intended market. 

Many years ago Dixons had a range of cameras called Miranda, whilst the product was ok it never stood a chance in what then was a male dominated camera market and so it was eventually left to die. The same camera manufacturing source continued making the cameras albeit with a different name on and it started to sell again.  

I do think that some of the bizarre names we see coming from across the pond have a lot more to do with how manufactures there see their intended market! 

And before Dixons, there was a company called Greens who sold Miranda's..........they were, in fact, rather good Japanese SLR's............. T_rfr_thqtr_lq.jpg

Pete

21 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Certain names do sell, others not so much because they are deemed to be not fully aligned to there intended market. 

Many years ago Dixons had a range of cameras called Miranda, whilst the product was ok it never stood a chance in what then was a male dominated camera market and so it was eventually left to die. The same camera manufacturing source continued making the cameras albeit with a different name on and it started to sell again.  

I do think that some of the bizarre names we see coming from across the pond have a lot more to do with how manufactures there see their intended market! 

Yeah, I get your point, it just seems very OTT sometimes. I guess its simply the difference between typical British "understatement" and American "Brashness / bigging everything up".             But what you mentioned reminds me of a story I heard some time ago of the American car company "Edsel" I think it was, who produced a car that had a grille that reminded people of, now how can I put this politely, a certain area of a ladies anatomy. and sales of the car bombed.              Still, I'm certainly not knocking the yanks, god bless em anyway I say!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.  I am one of the owners of TBAC.   We actually cover the question, "Why the name Thunder Beast Arms" in our tech notes, section.  Here's why

This company was started by three guys who migrated to the Rocky Mountain West on purpose, for the geography and the outlook of the people who live here. Coming up with a name for the company was tough because we didn't want to have just another "uber-tactical" name that broke down into a big long tactical acronym.

The name "Thunder Beast" comes from an ancient name for the Bison, a great animal synonymous with the Great American West.

The bipod doesn't even have a flashy name, we just call it our bipod.

33 minutes ago, Chanonry said:

Corporate Branding not the business for you dude ....😀

No, I'm also lacking in "awesome", have never "owned" or "served" anyone and have yet to open a can of "whoopass"😉, when I was a soldier I was sent on operations, but never once were "the dogs of hell" unleashed, nor did I "crack some skulls".

Two countries separated by a common tongue 🤣

22 hours ago, Zak Smith said:

Hello.  I am one of the owners of TBAC.   We actually cover the question, "Why the name Thunder Beast Arms" in our tech notes, section.  Here's why

Zak,

welcome to ukvarminting thanks for taking the time to answer the questions raised. 

Welcome to the forum Zac

For the uninitiated, Thunder Beast Arms has a proven history of firearms manufacture and detailed testing in the US 

Archived