Enfield T4 zeroing problem.

alpha1

I have a T4 I thought it was time I started shooting it. It came fitted with none gunsmithing scope rail. I fitted a nightforce scope to it and took it to the range. I tried to zero it at 100 yards with no success. I asked some of the other guys who have more experience than me with scopes to zero it. They had no success. I stuck it back in the cabinet and forgot about it. Today I had access to a 25 yard range that allows you to shoot full bore so I took it with me. I managed to get it on the paper but at twenty five yards it shoots 4 inches high but I ran out of adjustment on the scope. I’m thinking it’s the rail but I would appreciate any input from someone with more experience. Scopes are a dark art to me. I took the scope off when I got home and removed the mount the mount has been shimmed this makes me think the previous owner may have had some issues with it.

Non-gunsmithing scope rails are renowned for being, how can you put it, ........shite

There are too many variables in the rifle and the mount to get a perfect fit.

Take it to a gunsmith, or get proper mounts fitted.

You could have a front pad and a rearsight pad, like the Enfield Enforcer mounted. You could have No.4T pads on the side mounted professionally and use a 4T mount.

Or, you could ask a gunsmith to fit the 'No Gunsmithing' mount properly

Just some thoughts

On 1/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, Roy W said:

You could have a front pad and a rearsight pad, like the Enfield Enforcer mounted. You could have No.4T pads on the side mounted professionally and use a 4T mount.

Or, you could ask a gunsmith to fit the 'No Gunsmithing' mount properly

Just some thoughts

Yes I  could have a front pad and a rearsight pad, like the Enfield Enforcer mounted. Yes I  could have No.4T pads on the side mounted professionally and use a 4T mount. But that could cost more than the rifles worth.

Or, I could ask a gunsmith to fit the 'No Gunsmithing' mount properly but I think working in research as a mechanical Engineer for the last 15 years it should not be to difficult for  me to work this problem out for myself and prior to that 25 years solving problems in the oil and gas industry. But thank you for your comments any way. 

15 hours ago, alpha1 said:

Yes I  could have a front pad and a rearsight pad, like the Enfield Enforcer mounted. Yes I  could have No.4T pads on the side mounted professionally and use a 4T mount. But that could cost more than the rifles worth.

Or, I could ask a gunsmith to fit the 'No Gunsmithing' mount properly but I think working in research as a mechanical Engineer for the last 15 years it should not be to difficult for  me to work this problem out for myself and prior to that 25 years solving problems in the oil and gas industry. But thank you for your comments any way. 

Never mind

15 hours ago, alpha1 said:

Wow, you're rude man!  You said "scopes are a mystery to me" so don't be surprised when someone suggests you seek a gunsmith's help. For a skilled engineer you seem pretty limited pal.

47 minutes ago, Roy W said:

Never mind

Should’ve left it up, you were far more polite than I would’ve been having been spoken to like that by an obvious ignoramus

Personally I’d have told him to go f**k himself

I decided that someone could really be that rude, sarcastic and conceited in one post, so it must have just been badly worded.

Surely one person can't make a thread asking for help, then a few posts later tell everyone they don't need help because of their x,y & z experience....................................can they?

16 hours ago, Roy W said:

I decided that someone could really be that rude, sarcastic and conceited in one post, so it must have just been badly worded.

Surely one person can't make a thread asking for help, then a few posts later tell everyone they don't need help because of their x,y & z experience....................................can they?

Sadly, looks like they can.  Well done for at least trying.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Moorlander said:

Well NF scope have more elevation than most so yes you need to re fit the bases , maybe machine some off the front one or use Burris Zee mounts , but you know that anyway 😉

The T4 does not have the facility to fit bases. The T4 is an Enfield action. There is only one type of scope mount you can use and its advertised as a none gunsmithing mount. I removed the mount inspected it refitted it and did some calcs. It needs shiming  to fix the problem. I have all ready fitted the shims just need a range day to sort it.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:16 AM, alpha1 said:

On 1/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, Dunc said:

Sadly, looks like they can.  Well done for at least trying.  

Yes on re reading that post I come across as me being a bit of an arse not how I meant it. My apoligies I am just frustrated  that I can nor get this thing to work. Its a cracking rifle.

Archived