C2 Precision, Carbon barrels are back!!

Hi guys, 

Sorry i have been off the radar for a year or so due to some unfortunate family issues,

I am now however fully back on the shooting scene, Back with a bang and properly jumping into the carbon fibre barrel project where i took off. 

I am fully kitted and ready to start availability of button and cut barrels. 

The results have proven themselves with both of the C2 prototype barrels in the 308 and Ar 223. Good few thousand of rounds have been shot in both over the last two years. 

308-  - Top spot twice at the roundhouse challenges

- Won the 308 class at the RBL at Bisley.

223- Sadly didn't get much chance to do more -  but did come top in one match and near the top in two matches at the winter CSR league at Bisley. 

With the 2019 Precision rifle league starting soon i will be entering with a tikka tac a1,  with C2 precision carbon 24'' barrel.  Hopefully do well with that rifle if its a shooter like my last two have been. 

Many thanks to the smiths involved and who helped me out with what i have done so far.  

C2 precision will be a sponsor for the league also. Looking forward to seeing any of you who i haven't met yet. 

Prices will be published to the trades in a few weeks and availability will be full steam ahead from February onwards. 

Any questions or discussions welcome

Josh

Good to hear you are back Josh.

Having seen your barrels in action, including a 30 odd shot string at the RBL one year, and the resultant group, your barrels are the only carbon barrels I would touch. 

I look forward to using some buddy.

Good luck in your venture.

On 21 January 2019 at 9:46 PM, Bob57 said:

Hi Josh, any smaller calibre's like .17, .20 and .22 in the pipeline, I think they'd go down well with a lot of vermin shooters !!

all available from .20 and upwards, all lengths available to order.

On 22 January 2019 at 6:31 AM, baldie said:

Good to hear you are back Josh.

Having seen your barrels in action, including a 30 odd shot string at the RBL one year, and the resultant group, your barrels are the only carbon barrels I would touch. 

I look forward to using some buddy.

Good luck in your venture.

thanks mate 

Really appreciate the kind and supportive comments, it means a lot. 

I've got one in the pipeline for you to do but want to get this 260 done for the comps before i get another done just yet. 

speak soon. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:06 PM, joshmartin8 said:

Hi guys, 

Sorry i have been off the radar for a year or so due to some unfortunate family issues,

I am now however fully back on the shooting scene, Back with a bang and properly jumping into the carbon fibre barrel project where i took off. 

I am fully kitted and ready to start availability of button and cut barrels. 

The results have proven themselves with both of the C2 prototype barrels in the 308 and Ar 223. Good few thousand of rounds have been shot in both over the last two years. 

308-  - Top spot twice at the roundhouse challenges

- Won the 308 class at the RBL at Bisley.

223- Sadly didn't get much chance to do more -  but did come top in one match and near the top in two matches at the winter CSR league at Bisley. 

With the 2019 Precision rifle league starting soon i will be entering with a tikka tac a1,  with C2 precision carbon 24'' barrel.  Hopefully do well with that rifle if its a shooter like my last two have been. 

Many thanks to the smiths involved and who helped me out with what i have done so far.  

C2 precision will be a sponsor for the league also. Looking forward to seeing any of you who i haven't met yet. 

Prices will be published to the trades in a few weeks and availability will be full steam ahead from February onwards. 

Any questions or discussions welcome

Josh

You got a website?

Welcome back 

Also interested in using in my builds - do you have any trade information available (prices, profiles, twist rate, calibres available)

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

Welcome back 

Also interested in using in my builds - do you have any trade information available (prices, profiles, twist rate, calibres available)

Many thanks ronin, drop me a msg and we can exchange some info 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a lead throwing sesh at the  roundhouse this week I was rather chuffed to see the 308 putting out groups of 0.06 moa, even after all the abuse I have tried to throw at it over the last two years, witnessed by John M H, thanks again for your genourous use of your target system john. 

36CE213B-B6A8-4266-91C1-37E77C544048.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I believe that Josh's rifle/barrel did an outstanding job up at the Precision Long Range Rifle League in Gardner's at the weekend.  Very impressive scores with Josh and his barrel scoring 91 points, that is 21 points more than his nearest competitor.   

These barrels can clearly shoot well under the toughest of conditions.  And it is clear that they can more than hold their own with loads of AI rifles in this match as well.  I know where I'm going for my next barrel... 

Certainly a consideration for the future, were there many other competitors using the C2 barrel at either competition- how did they fare ? 

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

Certainly a consideration for the future, were there many other competitors using the C2 barrel at either competition- how did they fare ? 

Not sure how many are in use, i know josh runs 3 rifles with them. I think he has a few orders in place. I’ll be getting one as my next barrel, just cant decide if i want to stay custom action or go with an AI.

So the way I see it, a 1/2 MOA barrel is a 1/2 MOA barrel, no matter what type of rifling is inside it, or what kind of wrap is on the outside of it, and once a bullet has left the barrel, it no longer has any influence on said bullet.  (Interior vs exterior ballistics or whatever)

Therefore if the barrel can launch the bullets well then the deciding factors are not the barrel, but the marksmanship ability of the rifleman, and Josh is a fine shot.

Repeatedly nailing a gong at 1400 is no easy thing, but sometimes you just find your groove and everything comes together

41 minutes ago, bradders said:

Therefore if the barrel can launch the bullets well then the deciding factors are not the barrel, but the marksmanship ability of the rifleman, and Josh is a fine shot.

Indeed he is 

👍🏻

Thank you for the kind words guys, the rifle is a shooter that’s for sure, see you all on the range somewhere soon no doubt, anyone interested please come over and chat, again many thanks guys, 

77A0430F-BB20-44D9-8016-1A0E9E162096.jpeg

It was good talking to you at the weekend Josh. Your barrel certainly performs but also looks good as well. 

We compared my proof research carbon barrel side by side to the C2. The the surface finish looked on par quality wise and is clearly a premium product. 

• 1 month later...

Well guys I’ve done it again at Orion, top spot for a C2 carbon wrapped barrel, 

currently top of the leader board and trying my best to keep myself there after this weekend at the round house, 

roll on round 4, hope to see some of you there, 

5C776527-1173-4414-AFB5-D268283BC967.jpeg