Tactical stock or chassis for Barnard SM

Woodlander

I have a Barnard SM in a GRS stock and I’m looking for anyone’s experience or advice as to a  drop in alternative,most likely a chassis system.

Although a repeater,mine has a single feed system fitted and I’d prefer,also,if it was solidly bedded. A bedding job,new bottom metal and mag system would not come cheap,so the money may be better spent on a new stock.  

Does anyone have any experience with stocks/chassis’s for a Barnard and which are a drop in, with no work needed. MDT ESS chassis looks well designed and I’d especially like to hear from anyone who has owned a Barnard in the 07 stock,I believe The Gun Pimp used to own one,so would be great to hear your thoughts,if you read this.

thanks in advance  

Paul

11 hours ago, Woodlander said:

I have a Barnard SM in a GRS stock and I’m looking for anyone’s experience or advice as to a  drop in alternative,most likely a chassis system.

Although a repeater,mine has a single feed system fitted and I’d prefer,also,if it was solidly bedded. A bedding job,new bottom metal and mag system would not come cheap,so the money may be better spent on a new stock.  

Does anyone have any experience with stocks/chassis’s for a Barnard and which are a drop in, with no work needed. MDT ESS chassis looks well designed and I’d especially like to hear from anyone who has owned a Barnard in the 07 stock,I believe The Gun Pimp used to own one,so would be great to hear your thoughts,if you read this.

thanks in advance  

Paul

Owing an Eliseo RTM switch barrel/multi Cal rifle, I would 100% recommend their chassis systems.

Beautifully machined, absolutely solid and without flex, the chassis are designed and made to fit the chosen action like a glove.

Whilst I use a Defiance Mutant tube gun action in my RTM, Gary Eliseo does produce a tactical chassis specifically for the Barnard SM. it's available as single or repeater, left or right hand and uses AICS mags. Comes with lots of goodies and full cerakote of your choosing.

Only downside is they don't export to the UK without an export lisence. However I did it myself (easy enough) or I'm sure you could ask your chosen rifle smith to put one on their export list the next time they order a bunch of stuff from the US.

Heres the link - scroll down till you see Barnard SM

http://www.gotxring.com/tactical/

Id go for it - totally worth every penny!👍

No probs @Woodlander

Any riflesmith who gets stuff from the US should be able to import it for you. The next time your smith creates an export list for more goods (e.g. barrels, actions, stocks etc), they would simply specify the Eliseo chassis you want and you wait for it to arrive.

Whilst i brought mine into the UK myself, I had Pete Walker, of Walker Rifles Europe, put mine together. He therefore now has experience with the Eliseo system and he regularly imports stuff, so I have no doubt he could order one and put it together for you. He's a super top bloke, extremely nice to deal with, doesn't do all this BS, self promoting, grandising talk you sometimes get. His work is EXCEPTIONAL and he always went above and beyond keeping me involved, in the loop and having a say at every step of the way. A true gentleman in ever sense of the word. 

In reality, the Eliseo's are simple systems and the only real gunsmithing needed is the barrel chambering, screwcutting for mod/brake and proofing. Any good smith can do that. The rest is simple - no bedding or anything needed...just screw the barrelled action in and shoot. It's why I went this route...no faff with bedding etc.

Thing to note will be lead times. Mine took a couple of months to be manufactured. So you'll first need to be sure your smith can get one on their export (no reason why not!) and then I'd contact Gary Eliseo (via the website) to check lead times and advise your smith (via the US exporter they worth with) that an order will be placed and to check lead times. It's best to try and coordinate timings if possible.

If you do go down the Eliseo route...I can assure you that you will NOT be disappointed!!!

best of luck!

Archived