UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Chef

Random security check by armed response unit

4 hours ago, TattooedGun said:

I'm tempted to agree with the sentiment of Paul Cat.

Police officers turning up armed or unarmed is neither here nor there on the whole street knowing your business.

Even as a firearm owner, the last thing I think if I see a marked or unmarked car is "Ooh, I bet they own firearms"... I'd probably be wondering if they'd been a witness to some crime, had some crime happen to them, or are friends with the officers...

I think some of you guys have far too much imagination.... Much more of a giveaway is the walk to the car with a rifle shaped case multiple times per week at all hours with various game hung over your shoulder on your return...

You make good points, it isn't a big deal one way or the other to me. As far as game hung over the shoulder, that's not my thang but that would freak some of the neighbours for sure!

Bambi is safe around here, maybe would get hugged to death 😄

5 hours ago, TattooedGun said:

I'm tempted to agree with the sentiment of Paul Cat.

Police officers turning up armed or unarmed is neither here nor there on the whole street knowing your business.

Even as a firearm owner, the last thing I think if I see a marked or unmarked car is "Ooh, I bet they own firearms"... I'd probably be wondering if they'd been a witness to some crime, had some crime happen to them, or are friends with the officers...

I think some of you guys have far too much imagination.... Much more of a giveaway is the walk to the car with a rifle shaped case multiple times per week at all hours with various game hung over your shoulder on your return...

Spot on. In fact a huge portion of the population believe all guns are banned anyway so most wont even assume you have firearms.

Me - if I was not busy - invite in for a chat and coffee. But inspection would be gun room only. Having done the job I am aware some officers go on a "fishing trip" as we called it - enter looking for item A but while inside, keep an eye out for items B - Z.

And if I was genuinely busy - ask them to make an appointment.

An interesting read indeed....