.20 practical

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot another magpie this evening, absolutely love shooting this rifle, it weighs 18lb and doesn't move on firing so you see everything when then bullet hits๐Ÿ˜€, and the 32grn Vmax doing nearly 4000fps on magpies are just so explosive๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

There you go outlanda ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you Bob57. 20 practical has been an excellent little round, I like your rifle build particularly the bolt work. It looks expensive and worth it - the only worry would be that I could have bought an clone action by the time I finish spending so I will have to investigate. Essentially I would like to fix issues with the rem extractor. I have just read the post and remember it now from last year. Also a reminder of Bradders when reading his contribution. Thank you.

Steveย 

On 4/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, Bob57 said:

Shot another magpie this evening, absolutely love shooting this rifle, it weighs 18lb and doesn't move on firing so you see everything when then bullet hits๐Ÿ˜€, and the 32grn Vmax doing nearly 4000fps on magpies are just so explosive๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This reminded me of a crow that I shot off a fence post with my 20prac with the 39gr vmax.ย 

Just as it spread its wings to fly off the vmax hit it square in the chest, itsย body and head just simply vaporised and 2 wings just fell to the floor. It was just simply spectacular and one of those shots I will never forget.ย 

3 hours ago, outlanda said:

Thank you Bob57. 20 practical has been an excellent little round, I like your rifle build particularly the bolt work. It looks expensive and worth it - the only worry would be that I could have bought an clone action by the time I finish spending so I will have to investigate. Essentially I would like to fix issues with the rem extractor. I have just read the post and remember it now from last year. Also a reminder of Bradders when reading his contribution. Thank you.

Steveย 

No probs mate, hopefully you'll get your extractor sorted out, bloody annoying when something doesn't work right, if you don't get it fixed i would call Steve for a chat about the custom bolt it really is nice.

1 hour ago, justin credible said:

This reminded me of a crow that I shot off a fence post with my 20prac with the 39gr vmax.ย 

Just as it spread its wings to fly off the vmax hit it square in the chest, itsย body and head just simply vaporised and 2 wings just fell to the floor. It was just simply spectacular and one of those shots I will never forget.ย 

Nice one jc, bet that made you smile when you saw that go off๐Ÿ˜€, one magpie i shot there were 9 yds between where it's head and tail were laying, that made me๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€, one I'll not forget too๐Ÿ˜ƒ