Show us your shotguns!

Scrumbag

On 1/15/2019 at 9:14 PM, ejg223 said:

Just got this 410 handed down from my American uncle who is packing up shooting at ~85. Great gun to let girls try a shot. The gun is a L.C. Smith field grade side by side. My uncle had it fitted to him when he was 11.  I hit a clay with the first shot I took.... missed second and third....

ccxnbt6.jpg

edi

That looks a Lovely little sidelock, but you really need to teach the ladies to get their face on the stock😋.

Nice matching coat/ nail varnish though 👍

4 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

Rem 870 underneath and magpul furniture? Or is is a mossberg as I can't see a side safety?

Top safety - FAC Mossberg Slugster with Magpul bits. I did the normal port work and it is finished in an FDE base and black Cerakote. Fun to put together however she never shoots it :(

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Top safety - FAC Mossberg Slugster with Magpul bits. I did the normal port work and it is finished in an FDE base and black Cerakote. Fun to put together however she never shoots it :(

Nice Davy! Didn't know Magpul made the furniture for Mossbergs.

Scrummy

4 hours ago, Scrumbag said:

Nice Davy! Didn't know Magpul made the furniture for Mossbergs.

Scrummy

Yes although I am not sure it is readily available over here. It shoots well, I did take it to a Clayground one Sunday morning and the trap man asked WTF was it. The red dot is remarkably good for clays as well as fluffy furry things.

5 hours ago, foxinmad said:

I had a 6000 for a few years also Bob, sold it and bought a Browning 425 in 30" I think that was in 1997/8. Nice bit of timber on your 6000 👍

Thanks mate, mines a 30", and I was just wondering how long ago I bought it, I think it was about 1987.

1 minute ago, Bob57 said:

Thanks mate, mines a 30", and I was just wondering how long ago I bought it, I think it was about 1987.

The last two letters of the serial under the lever are the year code: Z=1, Y=2, X=3, W=4, V=5, T=6, R=7, P=8, N=9 and M=0.

My 6000 was new in 94 so NW and is the only new O/U I have ever purchased and still going strong

3 minutes ago, Davy said:

The last two letters of the serial under the lever are the year code: Z=1, Y=2, X=3, W=4, V=5, T=6, R=7, P=8, N=9 and M=0.

My 6000 was new in 94 so NW and is the only new O/U I have ever purchased and still going strong

Thanks Davy, last letters are pn, so that would be about '87 ?

Just now, Bob57 said:

Thanks Davy, last letters are pn, so that would be about '87 ?

89 :)

I had an '89 7000 come in to be scrapped last night and was so surprised at its condition I checked the serial hence having it to hand today.

15 hours ago, Davy said:

Yes although I am not sure it is readily available over here. It shoots well, I did take it to a Clayground one Sunday morning and the trap man asked WTF was it. The red dot is remarkably good for clays as well as fluffy furry things.

That's interesting Davy, glad to hear the red dot works on moving targets. Only tried it with slugs on turning targets so far. I feel a variation coming on for trying with a fox drive and using the red dot there ;)

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, Davy said:

I put this together for my wife a while ago.

500.jpg

Very nice, I would like something similar, but in black (I have the spare slot!).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Saiga 12 for customers. Gives them quite a grin knocking over plates and poppers with slug at 50m. With a 10 round stick of  trap you can get surprisingly fast on plates but to be honest I have zero interest in it.

Saiga 12, Max Rounds brake, Magpul folding stock, side mount and cheapo red dot. Pic shows stock 5 round mag but generally use 10 round mags.

899E7F57-4AEA-408B-85CA-337C14A6E4E4.jpeg

Archived