Book on AR10s

MrCetrizine

This might be what you’re looking for

http://www.collectorgrade.com/bookshelf9.html

That said, as the rifle was so short lived, you might end up being disappointed and in fact the book “The Black Rifle” might be a better bet, as not only does it touch on the early AR10, but also goes on to follow its development into the AR15

Certainly an interesting rifle, but coming out around the time of the also short lived M14, and also the FAL, it didn’t really stand a chance, and by the time they realised the M14 wasn’t that great, development had moved on to the 5.56 variant which as we all know, still lives on to this day

Thanks Mark, I'll get a copy of both.

It seems strange to me (having never fired or even held either) that so many countries adopted the FAL when the AR10 looks to have been a better platform.

But my wonderment comes from ex forces friends' experience with the L1A1 and my own experience with modern .308 AR10/SR25 like rifles which now seem to be scaled up AR15s rather than derivatives of the AR10 itself. Hence wanting more info.

• 4 months later...