.260 120 grain load

Mark Jones

after some advise. I've been searching the web for load data. i've got a .260 Rem with 22" barrel and am going to be using 120 grain TTSX heads. Most the data I've seen suggests N160 for this bullet weight. I allready have lots of N140 from my .243, does anyone see any problems with trying this or not recommended, many thanks

Mark

https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/?cartridge=13

Viht gives N140 data for the 120 Barnes TTSX in this table. (32.9gn starting load and 37.8gn maximum.) I'd personally prefer a slower burning grade that fills the case more, but as the powder manufacturer has tested and listed it, the combination will undoubtedly work OK.

I had seen that but was wondering if N160 would be better. I think these bullets will seat a long way into the case, Barnes suggest 50 thou jump min and they look a long bullet. do you think 160 would privide better results as i want to produce the best hunting load possible. Will be using CCI200 primers and Lapua brass

I’ve tried N140 and N160 under 120 gr pro hunters in my 260 rem (24” barrel) N160 gave me me better results for speed, accuracy and spread. Only you’ll know if there’s enough room left for the ttsx.

Archived