Precision Rifle League Officially Launched

LONG RANGE CAPT

748F5DAE-4F60-4525-8D19-26367C624C07.jpeg

The Precision Rifle League will encompass existing events throughout the United Kingdom and equally encourage new precision rifle shooting. The PRL’s primary aim is to provide a positive resource for fellow shooters, helping to develop and expand precision rifle shooting for the benefit of all. 

There are several unique precision rifle events across the UK.  However until now, there has been no single point of reference in relation to these great shoots.  The league is designed to address this, promoting these event and enabling shooters to see their progress on a national level for the first time.

Matches or Challenges as they are better known, will range from Scotland to Cornwall. Individuals can enter as many challenges as desired, with the top two scores from different locations counting towards their PRL Leaderboard place.

The Leaderboard will be split into two main elements: Open Division or Factory Division.  After the final round of the year is fired, trophies and prizes will be awarded to the top three in each division. Beyond this there are sub categories such as International, Ladies, Parasport etc. 

Additionally if you have made the commitment to attend two separate challenges and thus are on the Leaderboard, you will be entered into the Precision Rifle League Sponsors Raffle.  This random raffle ensures no bias and guarantees everyone on the leaderboard (regardless of placing) has an equal chance of winning a prize.

The Challenge Calendar for 2019:

4/5th May – Spring Roundhouse Rifle Challenge 

25/26th May – Gardners Guns Challenge 

15/16th June – TBA Soon…

13/14th July – Summer Roundhouse Rifle Challenge 

7/8th Sept. – Gardners Guns Challenge & Sponsors Raffle

For further information and the PRL Forum please visit: 
http://precisionrifleleague.co.uk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of us on here are already participants 

looking forwards to next years comps.

Think to be fair to all involved it should be Tiff, Gardner Guns and Edgar Brothers who have been the accumulated driving force behind the PRL 

They all collectively need thanking 

I will be attending this year. 

I hope we can see some members at shoots. 

You don’t have to be a “target” shooter to take part. 

I’m a hunter at heart and it’s good to try kit out in sterile conditions where the only looser is yourself. Not many folk have access to ranges and courses of fire offered in this series. 

I wish you all well with this, it's a great concept and one I would fully support, although distances to shoots may play a factor, however given my condition right now, any participation from me would be wishful thinking

I hope it grows and becomes the success it should be, and also that some of the dreamers and wannabes get involved and take up fun competitive shooting, than spend the rest of their shooting lives just being Plinky Plonkers®

Srvet, ideally you want a magazine fed rifle with either two five round mags or one ten.  You will see vastly different equipment used, AI, TRG etc will be popular as will tweeked T3's. However Tiff shot with a standard 308 at the last shoot, think it was a CZ model and shot very well with proving it's not all about custom rifles.  If you have a basic rifle, scope ideally with diallable turrets then I'd recommend attending an event and having a go. Talk to everyone there, I'm sure all will be pleased to give advice and if you decide to have a rifle built there are some excellent smiths on the forum.

Srvet, I used to use my 308Win deer rifle with 2x 5rnd mags, also used .223Rem AR when I forgot mags for other gun. 

Within reason, don’t fret about kit too much- you can learn more by shooting with what you have got before forking out on new stuff.

It’s a friendly atmosphere as people are there to shoot a challenging, real-world COF and enjoy themselves. 

For anyone worried that this might just be for 'operators' or special forces wannabees.... its not.

I can only speak for the Roundhouse but its what I would call friendly competition amongst like-minded shooters...its fun!

14 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Except that we are British Bradders.... would never succumb to such brash behaviour!😀

You will....it’s already started in the rules terminology

As for rules and range commands etc, why not use already established “British” range terminology? 

Mark my words.....once you start down this route to Long Range Dalekanism there’ll be no turning back, unless you check yourselves now

Think there has been some slippage of ameridote to English within the rules

if there are any seal team six “operators” or “during the war” types attending they’re be laughed off the field Nd made to stand next to a deck chair, wearing shorts and a knotted hanky whilst eating a newspaper wrapped plate of fish and chips 

33 minutes ago, bradders said:

They’re talking about when you change positions during a stage, ie 2 shots kneeling from the fence then 2 shots sitting on the pallet/rooftop etc, they want you to drop the mag and other nonsense, but this is what happens when you get non-practicalriflemen to oversee things, disappointing approach 

Surely rule 1.3.7 covers this point, "All transitions and movements during a course of fire must be done with open bolts and an empty chamber."

This UK based PRL is embryonic, give the organisers a bit of time to get it rolling, yes there are some nomenclature issues (sorry ‘flagging’s got to go, ‘sweep’ please :) ) but Tiff & co’s run some comps so sensible safe range regs and (hopefully) a curb on gaming similar to the IDPA ‘failure to do right’ will keep the matches crisp.

I’m looking food to this series, not sure on making many that far North, but will give it a go.

Terry

Archived