Wet pin cleaning solution

leck

Hi, could anyone recommend a cleaning additive for a wet pin tumbler please, I have the Lyman one and used the free sample but wondered what you guys get results with.

cheers Paul

As above, the citric acid does the job of a rinse aid if you have hard water and will reduce or stop water marks as the cases dry.

I have heard some use a dishwasher tab with built in softener so in this instance that's all you need to add to the water/pins/case mix in the barrel.

• 5 weeks later...

I do same as above, bit of washing up liquid and a 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid, really helps to remove sizing lube, and on a plus side you get brownie points with the Mrs. She puts a teaspoon in with the glasses and they come up squeaky clean!

+1 for the above. I have just done my first batch of .44, I put 500 deprimed cases in my new Lyman with the supplied pins, squirt of washing up liquid, teaspoon of citric acid granules and warm water. Set timer for 2hrs as they are many times reloaded. When finished sorted them with the supplied pans and flushed with warm tap water, quick towel dry and into the oven at 100 for 20 min and the results are below.

Some had tiny amounts of residue left inside but primer pockets clean. Very impressed will dry media tumble most of the time but after 6-8 reloads will wet tumble to give them a good clean

image.jpg

Archived